Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Questionable internet sales

Article about: i have started this post because there are lots of daggers for sale on the net that are fake or at least questionable. To prevent yourself its better to ask advise before buying. Even the bi

Quote by dr73 View Post
    This one is priced at $12,250
    You have to admit, the blue is a nice touch. Gives it kind of a nice Mediterranean/Turkish appeal.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Questionable internet sales
    P
    Many

?

Now Gents how about this one?
    Questionable internet salesQuestionable internet salesQuestionable internet salesQuestionable internet salesQuestionable internet salesQuestionable internet sales

I am not ashamed at having being fooled by some fakes went I was a beginner and even within the last few years.
    For most collectors tools like the forum have helped educate and inform. However the internet makes it tougher.
    Coming back to the hobby after years in the coin collecting community, it was found that even cheaper more common items are being faked.
    Humans have been counterfeiting everything but the kitchen sink to rip people off, can we stop it all, no. can we slow some of it down,
    yes I think we can, Reputable dealers can be contacted by other respected dealers etc. Had a gent in the new York area hawing fake and even no existent daggers. I hounded this guy that his ads are not actively appearing on the net in this area. I may have pushed him to work a new area but I did what I felt was best to try to help collectors in my area. I am not superman, but we have a small incestuous marketplace where a little effort goes a long way.

I thought I new about what items are faked on a constant basis. luxury items collectables ect.

Take a look at this, faking one of the most basic items on earth,https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0US7JEfhsrA

hi all..i saw this dagger for sale...i noticed the great difference of patina between scabbard and dagger fittings(may be heavy polished?) and a gap beteween teh grip and the lower scabbard...and not a good fit of the upper screws...may be normal or we have a parts dagger?? many thanks
    Questionable internet salesQuestionable internet salesQuestionable internet salesQuestionable internet sales

?

The gap could be the result of the top nut being released a bit, to get less tension at the grip.
    De cleaned nut at least indicates this.
    The shape of the grip seems to fit guard, im not having to much problems with that.
    This dagger has obvious been cleaned and even de Scabbard has suffered a bit, its been sprayed with a transparant lacquer.
    I have had enough early daggers with nicotine/grease layers but nothing looks like this one.
    In certain angles it even looks as if the dirt has been put on it AFTER the polish/clean job, to make it look better.
    The rzm hanger is a later addition.

If you like cleaned/polished daggers , well then this is the one your looking for!

Regards,
    Ger
    Questionable internet salesQuestionable internet salesQuestionable internet sales

so to uniform all,if i'll take, i'll have to clean the dagger fittings ... many thanks Ger

?

Thanks Ger and others for being sentinels of this great hobby.
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

?

No comment needed here. A typical parts dagger. Offered for $835

Danny
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Questionable internet sales  

?

hi there,

i'm looking at 3 german daggers, and want to know your opinions about them.

#1 the advert says not much more then elite dagger, the bidding is quite fast, at 160euro's now
    Questionable internet salesQuestionable internet sales

#2 claimed to be a cut down k98 bayonet uesed as a boot knife
    Questionable internet salesQuestionable internet salesQuestionable internet salesQuestionable internet sales

#3 is claimed to be a trench/boot knife copy, its 55 euro's

Is anyone of these blades worth starting my german dagger collection?
    Any comments or advise are welcome.

Have a nice day.

MAP
    ?

Axiom,

The simple answer to your question is "NO". All bad (the K98 is appears real totally messed with IMHO)

IMHO if you want to start a collection, you should study first. Then look here in the classifieds or buy from a reputable dealer. Lakesidetraders is highly recommended, but there other good dealers as well. Also the sponsors for the forum.

Once you learn enough then you can venture out to shows and such.

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast