Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

RAD Dagger (refinished?)

Article about: Below I have an RAD dagger I recently picked up, the blade appears to be in very nice condition with some interesting issue markings near the handle. One thing that attracted me was the glos

Default RAD Dagger (refinished?)

Below I have an RAD dagger I recently picked up, the blade appears to be in very nice condition with some interesting issue markings near the handle. One thing that attracted me was the glossy black scabbard paint that was described by the seller as "original", although in very good shape I can see the paint bleeds over to the metal scabbard fittings. Other than that the paint resembles another dagger I have which I am certain is original. I would very much appreciate any feedback.

RAD Dagger (refinished?)

RAD Dagger (refinished?)

RAD Dagger (refinished?)

RAD Dagger (refinished?)

RAD Dagger (refinished?)

RAD Dagger (refinished?)

RAD Dagger (refinished?)

RAD Dagger (refinished?)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement RAD Dagger (refinished?)
    P
    Many

Appears to been repainted as there are new screws added to the scabbard fittings.

Some of the crusty stuff seen where the fitting meets the paint has been painted over ...and condition of the fittings are not matching to the near perfect paint job.
    Over all the Hewer is authentic...but the screws are new.

Other thoughts and opinions welcome.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

I would concur with Larry. Why do people have to mess with stuff....
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Not only repainted, renew screws but also tried to refit the fitting with a silicon seal, look at the large gap on the bottom left and the traces of seal to full the gap.
    Other then that the blacking of the chain on the fitting...
    Not one for me...

Ger

RAD Dagger (refinished?)

Well sure is an awesome looking dagger. Too bad indeed when people mess with these items.

Hi all.

Thank you all for your kind support and interest in the item. I was quite puzzled to see this as it really jumped out to me as a superb dagger with everything I was looking for. I queried this matter with the seller who lets say is one pf the established names in the UK, with a good reputation to my knowledge and certainly holds a number of high end items.

He mentioned to me that "Concerning the paint on the edges of the scabbard mounts, this feature is not unusual at all as the factory's often fitted the fittings when the paint was still wet so paint residue can often be seen on scabbard fittings, you often see this on SA & NSKK dagger scabbards as well as other models.". He also states that "This dagger actually comes from one of the most famous of all dagger collections, the Robert McCarthy collection, many of his daggers are featured in the various dagger books and although I never checked I would not be surprised if this dagger is pictured in one of them. Robert McCarthy parced away early in 2018 and his collection was recently dispersed and I purchased a number of his items. He was a very knowledgeable ollector who I knew personally. The dagger paint is totally original."

He has informed me he is more than happy to have the dagger returned, but was wondering what you guys think of this explanation.

No matter whos collection it belongs or came from...no reputation will make it correct. The details are as stated above.

There are varied threads within this forum of Rad hewers to compare to.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

I have never heard the version that they applied the fittings when the paint was still wet......LOL
    i dont know how dumb this dealer thinks that his clients are.....LMAO
    you indeed see it also on NSKK and SA daggers....YES.....when they had a repaint

Ger

Hi again all.

Just to inform you I have made contact with the seller and after giving him and benefit of the doubt have arranged to send it back to him for a refund. It's a real shame as I really thought I had a nice example. If it wasn't "messed about" with it would have been a very nice example.

It is what it is..and back onto the dealer shelf it goes onto..waiting for the next unknowing buyer that does not have the access of a forum that studies these TR edged weapons.

Kalif ...you are one of the fortunate ones
    These RAD hewers are plentiful > and 2 prime examples with no "messing around "
    Arbeit adelt, RAD Daggers | Lakesidetrader

Regards Larry

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast