Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

RAD Dolch für Führer mit Gehänge

Article about: I thank you in advance for your opinions about the authenticity of this piece ... Regards, Dan

Default RAD Dolch für Führer mit Gehänge

I thank you in advance for your opinions about the authenticity of this piece ...

RAD Dolch für Führer mit GehängeRAD Dolch für Führer mit GehängeRAD Dolch für Führer mit GehängeRAD Dolch für Führer mit GehängeRAD Dolch für Führer mit GehängeRAD Dolch für Führer mit GehängeRAD Dolch für Führer mit GehängeRAD Dolch für Führer mit GehängeRAD Dolch für Führer mit GehängeRAD Dolch für Führer mit GehängeRAD Dolch für Führer mit Gehänge

Regards,

Dan

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement RAD Dolch für Führer mit Gehänge
    P
    Many

I cannot say anything about the knife, other than i think it is the finest looking german Dolch the germans had in those days

Quote by Karaya1 View Post
    I cannot say anything about the knife, other than i think it is the finest looking german Dolch the germans had in those days
    mmm, ok, but I prefer the EM Hewer subordinated dagger in that case...

I am NOT an expert in this field but I can show some details of a RAD knife that resides in a Local Military Museum and the differences i see between the two. Caveat - i do not know the maker of the Museum knife and that might be a significant source of the differences in manufacture or design but here it is anyway:

The placement of the etching with respect to the fuller

The shape of the blade as it nears the handle (lighting could be playing tricks here).

And there is some difference in the bent wire hanger loops - but not a critical thing by itself.
    Hopefully another owner of such a weapon will weigh in soon.
    Attached Images Attached Images RAD Dolch für Führer mit Gehänge 

?

Dagger's theme perfectly correct. If you want compare the two dagger that they would be the same manufacturer. Each company had its own peculiarities and differences. What is producer LEADER hewer from museum?

As stated above "Caveat - I do not know the maker of the Museum knife and that might be a significant source of the differences in manufacture or design" Sadly no way for me to access back side of Museum knife.
    Best and fairest comparison would be from a WKC made knife for sure.

My comments on etching are not about content - there are about very noticeable differences in top of the character placement with respect to the fuller.

?

If you are referring to the fact that the etching comes to fuller, it was can be from different manufacturers. There is nothing strange about it. It's pictures three different produsers-Alcoso, WKC and Horster.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RAD Dolch für Führer mit Gehänge   RAD Dolch für Führer mit Gehänge  

Agreed. This is the comparison that is needed for the original poster. Hopefully he will come back to see it and thanks those who spent their time to answer the question

There is nothing wrong or incorrect about the original posted RAD. It's a fine piece.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    There is nothing wrong or incorrect about the original posted RAD. It's a fine piece.
    I agree also with this statement..but the white background does not do anything for detail on this dagger. Much of it gets lost or washed out. Professionally photography is the best choice for white backgrounds. The dagger is placed in the photo..with no signs of shadow.

Less dramatic darker colors will settle down any brightness.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast