Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Rad Hewer

Article about: Hello, The other day a few members discussed the proliferation of fake RAD Hewers, one of the sites I browse had this Hewer which the fakers are jazzing up a bit to deceive. They are still m

?

Default Rad Hewer

Hello, The other day a few members discussed the proliferation of fake RAD Hewers, one of the sites I browse had this Hewer which the fakers are jazzing up a bit to deceive. They are still marked Boker but the handle screws have been switched to more accurately look genuine to the original. The handle itself now looks more like bone / stag and no longer the cruddy black one previously used and have added a small RAD insignia that resembles a ribbon attachment. The inscription on the blade is still poorly executed and the scabbard is the same dull and void of details one would look for when contemplating a purchase. The last pic is of a real Hewer handle to illustrate how they are trying to mimic originals on their copy. I hope this update helps any newer members that may be searching for an original to add to their collection avoid a pitfall.. G
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Rad Hewer   Rad Hewer  

Rad Hewer   Rad Hewer  

Rad Hewer   Rad Hewer  

Rad Hewer   Rad Hewer  

I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Rad Hewer
    P
    Many

?

Just to add, I believe they are using similar handle embellishments as we see here.
    Attached Images Attached Images Rad Hewer 

Heinous Crap ...too funny
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Still a bad Motherf*&%^$r
    Luckily even one with only 5% sight left can spot this horrible one LOL
    The screws are not a huge upgrade......

Ger

?

gerrit, agreed, the other aspect is that they can't seem to put the motto "Arbiet adelt" on the correct side of the Hewer.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Rad Hewer