Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

RAD Hewer Opinions please

Article about: Hi, This is coming up for sale at a local auction house. Wondered if anyone can offer some further opinions on it. Its stamped Hauerfabrik Solingen. Ive not seen it yet as the viewing day is

Default RAD Hewer Opinions please

Hi, This is coming up for sale at a local auction house. Wondered if anyone can offer some further opinions on it. Its stamped Hauerfabrik Solingen. Ive not seen it yet as the viewing day is not til next week. It looks a good one. Its part of a large collection of ww2 german daggers and swords and other militaria. Guide £200 to £300.

Thanks in advance
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RAD Hewer Opinions please  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement RAD Hewer Opinions please
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: RAD Hewer Opinions please

That is a very nice Hewer , and if you can get it for the guide price , it's a steal !!
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

Thanks Alan. I doubt it will go for its guide but ill give it a good go! Problem is there are lots of other items to choose from!!

Hi MrNosey.,,welcome to the forum,,I have to agree also ,it looks to be in decent condition,,but if and when you do get it......Clean that nasty oil,,which almost looks like grease off of the blade. it will do more harm in the long run than any good. Treat the blade with some simi-chrome first,,,then apply Renaissance Wax to it to seal the blade. Good luck and post some more photos here when you get it Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thanks Larry for the welcome and the cleaning tips. It does say in the description on the auction houses' website that the blade is stained...hopefully it is only grease and it will clean up ok. I have a figure that I will go to...ill be up against some competition though!!

- - Updated - -

Ill definately put some pics up when or if I win it!

My advice would be ,,draw a line on bidding and dont go over it as you might end up paying what its truly worth. Some of those guys get into bidding wars and no one wins at the end as far as getting it for a lesser price. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Very true Larry. Im a regular at my local auction houses so you get to know the faces and what they are prepared to pay. Theres one guy who buys virtually all the furniture money no object..most stuff not even worth that much...we all wondered why until it turned out he was filling up containers and shipping it all to America and China where they were going mad for "old" english furniture!!

My advice is sell it to me after you win it

?

Maximus.......i bet i pay more...LOL

looks good sofar, but i guess its more than grease on that blade, it with have greying/spots on it.
    Futhermore it looks like the lower scabbard fitting is missing a screw.
    Take Larry's advice at heart and give yourself a max.bid.....then go off to do something else....then you wont be tempted to overbid yourself.
    You see the result lateron....i got a great LW sword this way, for a great price

Good luck!

Ger

Lol@gerrit you win that bet.
    I still need one for my collection, if the blade on this one cant be cleaned or fixed I would pass, its all about the blade with edged weapons and I wouldnt mind paying alittle more for a nice one then getting a bargain for a roach of a blade IMO.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast