Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Rad Hewer- pretty sure now it's not real

Article about: I recently bought this along with another dagger (the other one so far looks to be a fake, a DLV dagger). As I was trying to research these on line I came across this forum and it looks like

Default Rad Hewer- pretty sure now it's not real

I recently bought this along with another dagger (the other one so far looks to be a fake, a DLV dagger).
    As I was trying to research these on line I came across this forum and it looks like you guys you know your stuff so I'd like to run these by you (the DLV's already been posted).
    This is a Rad Hewer but the black handle and lack of blood groove on both sides has me concerned.
    What do you all think?
    He threw in a HJ with these 2, so far I'm one for one- kind of nervous now.
    Rad Hewer- pretty sure now it's not realRad Hewer- pretty sure now it's not realRad Hewer- pretty sure now it's not realRad Hewer- pretty sure now it's not realRad Hewer- pretty sure now it's not realRad Hewer- pretty sure now it's not realRad Hewer- pretty sure now it's not real

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Rad Hewer- pretty sure now it's not real
    P
    Many

?

Well this is as bad as they come, modern repro
    Here a nice one to compare:
    RAD Hewer with hanger by Julius Krebs

Cheers
    Ger

That's what I was afraid of, shame really.
    That one in the link is gorgeous!

?

I see these bad Fake Rad hewers on ebay quite a lot, coming from eastern europe

MAP
    ?

Sorry. IMHO this is a bad one. Poor construction, details, etc. I could go on and one. Never seen leather on the scabbard before.

Check out Gerrits thread. It has wonderful pictures. Just compare details on yours to this section by section....in each section you will notice large differences.

RAD Hewer with hanger by Julius Krebs

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

MAP
    ?

I took too long to type....LoL...typical.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Yeah, I should have gone with my gut- which was to pass on these. he black handle was biggest flag for me, should have trusted myself.

CBH
    ?

Well you now know where to ask if things are original , which will help you in the future . I hope this bad experience will not put you off collecting .
    Cheers and welcome to the Forum
    Chris

MAP
    ?

Quote by koogs13 View Post
    Yeah, I should have gone with my gut- which was to pass on these. he black handle was biggest flag for me, should have trusted myself.
    Quote by CBH View Post
    Well you now know where to ask if things are original , which will help you in the future . I hope this bad experience will not put you off collecting .
    Cheers and welcome to the Forum
    Chris
    As Chris notes, post first...but don't be too hard on yourself, we have ALL been burned. It just makes us stronger if we learn from it. I have a box full of very expensive medals that are now only good for fishing weights.......

I've been collecting for about 25 years, this certainly will not put me off
    I don't specialize in any one area other than edged weapons- I have quite an extensive collection, very little from WWII Germany. I have some stuff I found out later was fake, but I didn't pay much for those and I was much younger so not concerned about those. I'm also a member of the OVMS (have been for years), gonna see if I can run these by them as well and get their thoughts, too.
    Definitely won't put me off, and it looks like I've stumbled across a great forum in the process so it's not a total loss!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast