Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

RAD Hewer Real or Repro?

Article about: Picked this up recently at an estate sale. Got it for \\$50.00. Does not have a lot of markings like the earlier ones. Made by Alcoso Solingen. Scabbard has been repainted, screws and bottom m

captaindrack
    ?

Cool RAD Hewer Real or Repro?

Picked this up recently at an estate sale. Got it for $50.00. Does not have a lot of markings like the earlier ones. Made by Alcoso Solingen. Scabbard has been repainted, screws and bottom missing. Thanks all for your help on this.
    Attached Images Attached Images RAD Hewer Real or Repro?  RAD Hewer Real or Repro?  RAD Hewer Real or Repro?  RAD Hewer Real or Repro? 

2. # ADS

Default Re: RAD Hewer Real or Repro?

Im going to go with real, it looks like the botton thing(what ever its called) was remover for whatever reason i cant imagine, the only fakes of the RADs that ive seen so far are AWFUL and they often have a wodden handle,they are too obvious to pass as authentic any day or night ill have to admit the stag grips look suspicious, but its hard to tell cuz the pics are kinda shady but ill go with real

On second thought, perhaps it is unfinished, ill have to look at my hewer but if it was removed, i think there would be a screw hole or atleast an out line of the botton cap on the scabard, if not, my best guess is that it was never finished

Hi Cap. The Alcoso Hewers are faked and in my experience they are done real sloppy often the maker mark is the give-away. My gut says this one is fine. As far as the lower fitting, this missing was one way to denazify this piece.

A great score for only $50..............!
    Regards,

Steve.

?

hi capt , looks 100% good quality and for 50 bucks ,cant go wrong , as stated if the lower scabbard fitting was removed you have a usable postwar knife minus swastika . nice find..cheers paul.

You got a great deal for $50!!! Too bad about the bottom of the scabbard...but as mentioned: it's one way to de-nazify it. I have an Eickhorn hewer and I love the size, weight and feel of it. These were real tools!

Rob

you got a great deal!,,,now to find the lower scabbard fitting...