Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

RAD Hewer for review

Article about: I have a good chance to purchase this RAD Hewer... I would like to hear some opinions on this piece. These are the only pics I have. It looks almost Too new IMO... Thanks

?

Default RAD Hewer for review

I have a good chance to purchase this RAD Hewer... I would like to hear some opinions on this piece. These are the only pics I have. It looks almost "Too" new IMO... And lacks the "RAD" triangular moniker.. G
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RAD Hewer for review   RAD Hewer for review  

RAD Hewer for review   RAD Hewer for review  

RAD Hewer for review   RAD Hewer for review  

I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement RAD Hewer for review
    P
    Many

Looks good to me G. I see no issues with it, (other than the way the bullet hanger's been fitted, what biff did that?) even the scabbard finish looks A1 and not resprayed. Wittman's currently got one similar, says "This is easily one of the best RAD pieces in existence today; I don't think this hewer could ever be upgraded.
    Mint".

Wittmann Militaria - RAD (Reichsarbeitsdienst) Dagger Section

He obviously hasn't seen my Hammesfahr example is my reply to that.

Lol.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

That is a minty devil there! Interesting how WKC placed the top grip screw so much further down the grip! Other makers put it up were it looks like the "eye" to go with that eagle beak hook Kevin.

?

Hey Gwar. It looks like a good one in my opinion. I have not seen one with crossgraining in blade so pretty nice. The only thing I would inquire about with the seller is if the scabbard was repainted? I cannot tell from picture. Very nice piece.
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

Looks to me like it is unissued. Full crossgrain and shiny hardware-not a whole lot to pick on with this one. Even the scarce to find hanger looks fine. If you can pick it up for a good price, you would have a beauty of a RAD Hewer.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Yo G ! ...... WKC is known to have offered " Available variations, Options and repairs " with many of their production line..and also what they had absorbed from other producers,, refinished and restocked. I have seen Eickhorn ground Rohms turned around and applied the WKC trade mark. Im not saying this was the case with this particular RAD Hewer..but a point of reference what WKC had to offer.

I see no issues minus the triangle " Moniker"... as Alcoso seen below, is also void of the triangle.

Regards Larry

RAD Hewer for review
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill