Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

RAD hewer by WKC

Article about: Hi all I’ve picked up an RAD Hewer as they’ve always very much appealed to me, this particular example came from a well known dealer in this field and was described to be in excellent and “u

Default RAD hewer by WKC

Hi all

I’ve picked up an RAD Hewer as they’ve always very much appealed to me, this particular example came from a well known dealer in this field and was described to be in excellent and “uncleaned” condition.

I would love to see what you guys think of it, as I was wondering if It was consistent with an early or later example as I’ve seem many elaseware with the “ges gesch” markings and many without.

Secondly, whereas the pommel and handle fittings show a greyish patina, the grip screws look quite well preserved, could this be because the nickel has tarnished over the year but the material for the screws might not if stored away?

I don’t want to start the whole preservation verses restoration argument, but would you guys prefer something nice and shiny or something in an uncleaned state whenever possible.

RAD hewer by WKCRAD hewer by WKCRAD hewer by WKCRAD hewer by WKCRAD hewer by WKCRAD hewer by WKCRAD hewer by WKCRAD hewer by WKCRAD hewer by WKCRAD hewer by WKC

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement RAD hewer by WKC
    P
    Many

Very nice example.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Very nice one!
    The grip screws imo seems to be replaced, they look brand new.
    The state being uncleaned fits the outside but the blade seems to have its share of cleaning looking at the Motto the burnish seems to be totally gone or you shoot bad pics
    I love the scabbard paint although im looking at it from my handy it seems to have the original bright shiny black!!

Regards
    Ger

Default RAD hewer by WKC

Thanks your reply, I thought the grip screws might be replacements of some kind, in regards to the frosting on the blade motto as you can appreciate it is often hard to “catch” in the light, none the less the blade seems quite clean apart from some gray spotting on the blade. I hope this gives you a better picture no pun intended.

RAD hewer by WKC

?

Motto looks better in this photo
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

?

Thats way better!
    I was right regrding your blade pictures

Blade looks very nice, thx for showing!

Ger

Nice example. I agree, though, that the grip screws are new-and the worrisome point is Why...what happened to the originals? This would be of concern to me.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Hi all, thanks for all of your kind feedback, one thing I've noticed is a slight amount of play on the blade itself, is this usual on some examples or something that should be of concern.

There should be no play on the blade.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Hi all, I've just been looking at my blade in a little further detail following the suspected modern screws by taking away the grips, the handle and the tang of the blade are both marked with the numbers "24" whilst the inside of the grips are also stamped with the same matching numbers in addition to the numbers being replicated in pencil also. In regards to the slight rattling sound that can be herd when the blade is shaken I can see that the bottom of the tang is peaned in place. Given your educated opionions does the rest of the fittings here show any sign of tampering or does everything else seem consistent.

RAD hewer by WKC
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RAD hewer by WKC  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast