Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

RAD Hewer - Your Thoughts ?

Article about: Looking into this RAD Hewer which is currently \\$450. Is it worth this price in its condition? I would be grateful for anyone's opinion. CM -

Default RAD Hewer - Your Thoughts ?

Looking into this RAD Hewer which is currently $450. Is it worth this price in its condition? I would be grateful for anyone's opinion.

CM -
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RAD Hewer - Your Thoughts ?   RAD Hewer - Your Thoughts ?  

RAD Hewer - Your Thoughts ?   RAD Hewer - Your Thoughts ?  

RAD Hewer - Your Thoughts ?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement RAD Hewer - Your Thoughts ?
    P
    Many

?

Hi cjmpaintings,

if this one is genuine it's cheap for my understanding.
    Here in Germany you have to pay at least about $800 for a RAD hewer in similar condition.

harti

?

CJM Paintings...She has that sweaty, unclean, dirty, war torn, salty, barn find, untouched & been there personality. Love it . From my knowledge & study of the Alcoso Model RAD Officer / Leader Hewer it looks to be fine to me. Common for there to be lifting of finish on pommel, crossguard and plating. For the price you mention it is a fair offer even in this condition. Value is always what your pocketbook is okay paying with. I would also look for a worn, weathered, sweaty & used set of leather hangers that match the age of this piece.

Here is a thread as well from one posted here last year about this time: RAD leaders hewer by Alcoso.

Also Lakesider Trader has some nice photos of a good Alcoso listed on their site as well for photo reference and comparison. Those are my thoughts. Good luck!

Rossi
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

450? Don't walk to buy it...run!!!! Even in a salty condition they fetch a easy 1000 from dealers.

Looks genuine, but it's been crudely taken apart from the appearance of the screw heads on the sheath. The grip is in bizarrely rough condition-particularly the eagle head. Was it buried in a gravel pile? However, having said this, it is what it is-a Rad Leader's Hewer and as such is certainly worth the money stated. It's condition would not be for me, but it's a difficult piece to find in original shape. If you are interested in it, you could do worse than picking this one up.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Price is auction so it's more then likely to go up.