Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

RAD Officer dagger.

Article about: Hello everyone,can u please help me with this late production Eickhorn RAD officer dagger,need to about this dagger is it fake or original.Aluminium handle and iron magnetic scabbard.Will wa

Default RAD Officer dagger.

Hello everyone,can u please help me with this late production Eickhorn RAD officer dagger,need to about this dagger is it fake or original.Aluminium handle and iron magnetic scabbard.Will wait for your answers on this dagger.Thank you.Regards.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RAD Officer dagger.   RAD Officer dagger.  

RAD Officer dagger.   RAD Officer dagger.  

RAD Officer dagger.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement RAD Officer dagger.
    P
    Many

Compared to known genuine Eickhorn pieces, that's a fake imo.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Hi,and thank u for your reply,but can u please tell me more why it is fake,what wrong with it?Thank u..regards

Well, compare it to this one at Lakesidetrader.

https://www.lakesidetrader.com/item.php?ID=11874

Look at the differences in the quality of the blade etch and definition of the makers mark, crossguard, RAD shield, and the lack of retaining screws at the scabbard throat. These things are vastly at odds with each other in quality and definition imo, and are not anywhere near the same. Eickhorn was the premium maker of these leader hewers, and I cannot personally see that the quality would have slipped as much as this regardless of when it was made.

But as I said, that's just my opinion.

Regards, Ned.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Hey Ka7par7, Thanks for posting. Here are some thoughts and hope it helps. Just my opinions. I have one of these in my collection albeit not the Eickhorn. With the Eickhorn piece I would look very closely at the RAD Emblem. BigNed talks about the quality. The Shield spooks me a little as there is some roughness, variants and differences I am seeing. Go to Lakesider piece BigNed mention and look real close on the stem of RAD Shovel in your picture, backfill horizontal lines behind swastika and even wheat stalks. The etched Eickhorn blade logo I have seen before as well on a 1960's post war hunting cutlass. Identical to the one I saw and it looks off to me. The squirrels tail shape, detail, eye detail, etc...is a little different than the Lakesider Piece. Pictures are tough sometimes. The last observation is the crossguard and pommel look to be of a lesser quality casting than I have seen on this piece. So I can't be 100% sure but 95% sure it is a repro / post war piece. Those are the thoughts from my pointy little head along with Big Ned's assessment.

Hopefully more edged weapons soldiers weigh in for you. Good luck.
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

thank u for your replies,it help a lot,and I think its enough info for me to say and reach a conclusion that the dagger is fake...Thank again..Just interesting for me is who was making those daggers,and are they still making copies now???Thank u.Regards

Quote by ka7par7 View Post
    thank u for your replies,it help a lot,and I think its enough info for me to say and reach a conclusion that the dagger is fake...Thank again..Just interesting for me is who was making those daggers,and are they still making copies now???Thank u.Regards
    I have seen these RAD leader hewers that are assumed fake on another site being referred to as coming from Poland. Whether this is the case or not, I can't say.

Thanks to Rossi for pointing out in more detail what I was trying to describe, the quality of the etching/makers mark and the lack of detail on the RAD crest was exactly what I was thinking, only he puts it far more eloquently!

Where's Ger when you need him as well.....???

Regards, Ned.

?

I worked for a metal award company doing mould design for awards, statues & designing. That was 20 years ago and we were advanced. If you get the right artisan they can mimmick it real close so that someone can barely tell. There are some great finishers and mould makers that are old world talented. Not great for our fair hobby. Certainly takes away from the real factor from WWII. However guys like Larry C, Big Ned, Gerrit, Ben Evans, Kirby, Markus and countless other guys I am sure I am missing are "guardians of the hobby". Without this generation of collectors continuing to support, educate, protect and carry knowledge into the future we are vulnerable as a collector network. I am grateful for my Grandfather's mentorship and we bought our share of repros. Everyone has been burned...Just like losing a few bucks in Vegas. About a month ago I almost sold everything in my collection. The memories of collecting each piece with my Grandfather and the time we spent doing it would not allow me to pull the trigger. I have to say this Forum has given me some wind in my sails and a renewed fire that was dwindling even after 30+ years of collecting. So long story short...Bring on the copies as they will not replace originals...the guardians will stand watch!
    Quote by ka7par7 View Post

?

Big Ned Iron Sharpens Iron so glad I am not too rusty. Everyone has told me about you so glad to meet you!!!

Quote by big ned View Post
    I have seen these RAD leader hewers that are assumed fake on another site being referred to as coming from Poland. Whether this is the case or not, I can't say.

Thanks to Rossi for pointing out in more detail what I was trying to describe, the quality of the etching/makers mark and the lack of detail on the RAD crest was exactly what I was thinking, only he puts it far more eloquently!

Regards, Ned.

?

Quote by big ned View Post

Regards, Ned.
    Here i am Ned

Your right, bad detailed fake.
    Compared with an Original below
    Cheers,
    Ger
    RAD Officer dagger.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast