Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

RAD subordinate hewer by Alcoso

Article about: Hello all, I have this one here and it appears to have been heavily cleaned when I examine the scabbard fittings as well as the blade. Somebody suggested that some details were off so I want

Default RAD subordinate hewer by Alcoso

Hello all,

I have this one here and it appears to have been heavily cleaned when I examine the scabbard fittings as well as the blade. Somebody suggested that some details were off so I wanted to get some more opinions if at all possible.

Is it just heavily cleaned or is there actually something amiss?

William Kramer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RAD subordinate hewer by Alcoso   RAD subordinate hewer by Alcoso  

RAD subordinate hewer by Alcoso   RAD subordinate hewer by Alcoso  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement RAD subordinate hewer by Alcoso
    P
    Many

Hi William,

Apart from the noted 'deep cleanse' what are the exact concerns regarding these 'details' that have been raised?? I'm no expert, but have an interest in these and can't see any obvious problems other than the over zealous buffing that's been undertaken.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Hi William,

Is this the same one from the classifieds a year ago you had up for sale? RAD enlisted man's subordinate hewer by ALCOSO

Personally they not only hogged out the blade but the scabbard fittings detail as well when cleaning. I know in the past I have seen the Alcoso model faked on the RAD EM Hewer. I am a little concerned of the quality of the makers mark as it seems awful poor. The motto on the Alcoso's that were faked are usually shitty like chewed in with rats teeth. It however as Ned states just could be it has had a good cleanse done as well so it is a little hard to tell. My eyes may be off a little as I am viewing on my iphone. Are the screws on scabbard off to you? Again might be my view at this time.

I am not a fan of it overall.
    Last edited by Rossi; 07-07-2017 at 07:38 AM.
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

Yeah I had it on the classifieds and I'm not looking to screw anybody so I'm starting the thread now that issues have been raised. To me, the motto has a nice look to it and vaguely reminds me of the style that early SS Boker's sport with the almost bubbled appearance; I have not seen that trait faked. No doubt the maker mark is weak but then I see nice stag grips. I'm on the fence as well and just waiting for more opinions.

William Kramer

?

Hey William,

Whether faked or real the deep scrubbing she took is not helping either way. Good to get opinions and I don't think in any way you were trying to screw anyone at all. I just thought this might have been the one I saw here last May so I wanted to be sure as I could not see old pictures. All good!

Again I am looking on my iphone and pulled an all nighter with work last night so my eyes are shot.

Rossi
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

?

This one for sure is a kopie, it has very bad detailed fittings, also note the thick scabbard screws, the badly executed Motto and Makermark, this is in nothing an Original Alcoso.
    Rafael has a textbook one posted here on the forum, you only need 2 minutes to compare to see what a real one looks like.
    RAD HAUER Alcoso
    Sorry William, but its no good.

Regards
    Ger

thank you all for the help.

William Kramer

Quote by gerrit View Post
    This one for sure is a kopie, it has very bad detailed fittings, also note the thick scabbard screws, the badly executed Motto and Makermark, this is in nothing an Original Alcoso.
    Rafael has a textbook one posted here on the forum, you only need 2 minutes to compare to see what a real one looks like.
    RAD HAUER Alcoso
    Sorry William, but its no good.

Regards
    Ger
    That'll teach me to keep my big fat gob shut when I step out of the shallow end......
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.