Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Red cross dagger

Article about: Can you guys give me tips to clean the rust off?

Aik
    ?

Default Red cross dagger

Can you guys give me tips to clean the rust off?Red cross dagger Red cross dagger
    Red cross dagger

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Red cross dagger
    P
    Many

Aik
    ?

Red cross dagger
    Red cross dagger

Please don't take this the wrong way but why bother removing the rust? The dagger is in relic condition in general. Additionally, the broken crossguard kills any value the hewer might have.

What kind of shape is the scabbard in?

Whew that is a rough one, maker is Klass, kissing cranes peaking out, now I dont have to take my grips apart to see what it looks like!!! I have seen the broken crossguard on these a few times, always thought it was an attempt at denizifying them but you can still see the swaz. I would leave it in this relic condition as Billy has said.

I hate to propose throwing in the towel on an item but occasionally that's the most prudent solution. Were this a DRK officer's dagger with broken langet, there's always a possibility, albeit a small one, that you could find a replacement crossguard. On DRK hewers, I believe the langet is a part of the entire hilt assembly. With the current prices of DRK hewers, it would probably be easier (& certainly cheaper) to get one without the extensive damage.

?

It is salty and has value as a relic as found. Cleaning it would take away from the salt and history. Don't clean is my opinion
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

?

Quote by maximus71 View Post
    Whew that is a rough one, maker is Klass, kissing cranes peaking out, now I dont have to take my grips apart to see what it looks like!!! I have seen the broken crossguard on these a few times, always thought it was an attempt at denizifying them but you can still see the swaz. I would leave it in this relic condition as Billy has said.
    just take a look at the scabbard, when the lower fitting is a pressed one its a luneschloss, if it has 2 sidescrews its a Klaas
    take a look:
    DRK Hauer facts, true or false?

Regards,
    Ger

Aik
    ?

I got it for free BTW i repainted the scrabbard because there was a fake leather protection over it when i pulled the fake leather of the scrabbar there was no paint anymore. her some pictures of the scrabbard. The blade isnt really a relic its still fully hard and silver but on some parts it has a layer of rust on it. Red cross dagger
    Red cross dagger