Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

RLB I model EM dagger...opinions

Article about: Hi all...i'm looking at this RLB I model EM dagger...this dagger is clearly far from mint...with some loss of plating on crossguard ,a little loss of enamel from the grip insigna...and also

Default RLB I model EM dagger...opinions

Hi all...i'm looking at this RLB I model EM dagger...this dagger is clearly far from mint...with some loss of plating on crossguard ,a little loss of enamel from the grip insigna...and also the blade shows some scratches with maker mark Kronek...what's your opinion on it? and the range price of it considering the overall conditions...thanks a lot
    RLB I model EM dagger...opinionsRLB I model EM dagger...opinionsRLB I model EM dagger...opinionsRLB I model EM dagger...opinionsRLB I model EM dagger...opinionsRLB I model EM dagger...opinionsRLB I model EM dagger...opinionsRLB I model EM dagger...opinions

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement RLB I model EM dagger...opinions
    P
    Many

?

As far as i can see its an Original Witte Kroneck dagger.
    The early ones can be found with 3 types of fittings: Aluminium, light weight plated alloy ( like this one) and the heavy Neusilber (a nickel alloy)
    Good ones can be found for about 1500-2000 euro's in Europe, depending on state.
    Priceing as usual depends mostly on the blade, and unfortunate this one is not that good.
    IMO: If i had to buy this one then 900 euro would be my very well paid.

Wittmann stated for an example like yours following and i quote:

"There is nothing wrong with your Ernst Witte-produced RLB em with 1st Model insignia. This dagger is completely authentic. The base metal is a zinc-base, lightweight type. I have had RLB's like this in the past. The Witte company products were usually cheaper made than the Weyersberg, WKC and Gustav Spitzer types. Often, the RLB pieces that exist with no blade marking were from the Ernst Erich Witte firm, as the etching trademark on their blade was so thinly done, it wore off easily. The grip insignia was not changed - this was just how the Witte company made many of their pieces. An early piece does not have to have "heavy" nickel fittings - many of the Ernst Pack and Alcoso Army daggers from the middle 1930's are equipped with inferior lightweight hilt fittings. These companies were simply trying to make more money using cheaper metals and production methods. When the plating was new, they all looked the same! Hope this helps."

Regards,
    Ger

thanks Ger...a great help for me...i supposed that the request was too high...now i'm sure of it))
    thanks a lot

I like it.

The dagger looks correct in all aspects. The dealer that was selling it tends to price some of his items a little high IMHO but that doesn't mean there isn't room for negotiation. Last time I saw this dagger, he was looking for $1850.

trying doesn't cost a thing))