Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

SA / NPEA dagger that's for sale at auction real or fake

Article about: Hello everyone can some one tell me if this is real or fake still new to this and obviously need a book or help. Any help appreciated thanks!

Default SA / NPEA dagger that's for sale at auction real or fake

Hello everyone can some one tell me if this is real or fake still new to this and obviously need a book or help. Any help appreciated thanks!SA / NPEA dagger  that's for sale at auction  real or fakeSA / NPEA dagger  that's for sale at auction  real or fake

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA / NPEA dagger  that's for sale at auction  real or fake
    P
    Many

Hello

This is not an sa dagger, but an NPEA dagger..
    Or tries to be one..
    Much better photos needed to determine if it is authentic.. but my feeling says bad one..
    Wait for more comments.

?

I was going to say exactly the same thing as you Ullergaad, it is trying to be a NPEA. The blade looks wrong and it looks like someone filled in the eagle and SA on the handle since you can still see the shadow in the wood.

There's also a poor fit between the grip & crossguard. Can't tell if the crossguards are nickel or plated but with the type 1 maker mark, it should be only nickel.

The pics are not good enough to verify its period or not but my sense of it is the dagger may have issues.

There seems a poor fit between the grip & crossguard however it may be because the pommel nut is loose. Can't tell if the crossguards are nickel or plated but with the type 1 maker mark, it should be only nickel.

These pics are not good enough to verify its period or not but I've seen pics of this dagger previously. They were higher resolution & I believed the dagger itself to probably be OK. The frog lug on the scabbard though did not look to be a Bergsmüller product.

Seller is offering an inspection period FYI.

MAP
    ?

Should NPEA daggers have a buffer pad?? Certainly not SA/SS.

Looks like there is one in the photos.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Bergsmüller NPEA daggers typically have a thin tan buffer between crossguard & the top scabbard fitting. My Eickhorn chained Leader doesn't though.

MAP
    ?

Quote by Billy G View Post
    Bergsmüller NPEA daggers typically have a thin tan buffer between crossguard & the top scabbard fitting. My Eickhorn chained Leader doesn't though.
    thanks Billy.

After my post, I did a little digging and exactly as you said, the Bergsmuller did and the Eickhorn example I saw did not. Daggers aren't my forte so it was more of a question then a statement.

Here is an Eickhorn from Wittmann and a Bergsmuller distributor example from German Dress Daggers (I can't vouch for eithers authenticity as I don't study these.)

Bergmuller

SA / NPEA dagger  that's for sale at auction  real or fake

Eickhorn

SA / NPEA dagger  that's for sale at auction  real or fake
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

I am not a expert on these but I am usually good at details and after looking at about 30 different daggers with this marker I have been unable to find one with this large of font, with a Ü they same as this one, nor with that style of 5. As i said I am not a NPEA expert and maybe there is a known version of the maker as this but as a guy buying a dagger if I looked at 30 makers and one was different I would be suspicious of that one.