Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Scissors with swastika

Article about: I'd like to thank Ralph for directing this new guy to the right category and how to upload pictures. Well, I can see the photo in preview, so all must be well! I consign items for people. On

Default Scissors with swastika

I'd like to thank Ralph for directing this "new guy" to the right category and how to upload pictures.Scissors with swastika

Well, I can see the photo in preview, so all must be well!

I consign items for people. One of my favorite clients surprised me with this pair of scissors. She' in her 80's and her late sister was in Germany during the end and after the war. Besides the scissors, she traded coffee, cigs and chocolate for nice Dresden porcelain. Anyway, any idea of the value of these scissors? She and her husband are selling items so the kids won't have to deal with them.

My direct connection to WWII is my late Father. He also served in the Korean War. During WWII, he was stationed under the Golden Gate Bridge putting in submarine nets to keep the Japanese out of the SF Bay.

Thanks for your help.

George

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Scissors with swastika
    P
    Many

Default Re: Scissors with swastika

Nice scissors, do they have any makers marks on them. I doubt they are TR related in spite of where they came from, more likely just a motif which was commonly used util the Nazi's degraded it and gave it an unpleasant association.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

I wouldn't classify this as a Third Reich item, as the Swastika was a popular "Good Luck" symbol (until Hitler hijacked it and forever changed its meaning...)
    The Swastika can often be found on such innocuous items, but again as a symbol of good luck/good fortune...
    Hope this helped, Glenn

Quote by geoguiver View Post
    I'd like to thank Ralph for directing this "new guy" to the right category and how to upload pictures.Scissors with swastika

Well, I can see the photo in preview, so all must be well!

I consign items for people. One of my favorite clients surprised me with this pair of scissors. She' in her 80's and her late sister was in Germany during the end and after the war. Besides the scissors, she traded coffee, cigs and chocolate for nice Dresden porcelain. Anyway, any idea of the value of these scissors? She and her husband are selling items so the kids won't have to deal with them.

My direct connection to WWII is my late Father. He also served in the Korean War. During WWII, he was stationed under the Golden Gate Bridge putting in submarine nets to keep the Japanese out of the SF Bay.

Thanks for your help.

George
    My pleasure George.
    It makes it easier for all to see any details.
    I must agree with Jerry, please have a look for a maker's mark. If there is one, it may help to determine when and where, and how much.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

I would say it is from the 1920's The Swas was a good luck symbol back then.I one time I saw a poker chip set with a swasitka on every chip,it was being sold as a TR item but it had a date on the chip holder of 1923!!!

Here are the markings.

I believe it reads, "HENRY SEARS C." Difficult to make out the last word, something like BRAGGIN?

I tend to agree that it might be before the Third Reich. The flowers in the swastika looked a little different.

Some years ago, I ran across an old yearbook in Utah from the 20's. There was a girl's club that had the swastika as it's symbol. Guess they had to change that a decade or so later.

Again, thanks for your help.

George
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Scissors with swastika  
    Last edited by Adrian; 09-28-2012 at 05:37 PM. Reason: Photo uploaded.

It finally dawned on me, The last word is Prussia on the scissors.

Quote by geoguiver View Post
    Attachment 403186

Here are the markings.

I believe it reads, "HENRY SEARS C." Difficult to make out the last word, something like BRAGGIN?

I tend to agree that it might be before the Third Reich. The flowers in the swastika looked a little different.

Some years ago, I ran across an old yearbook in Utah from the 20's. There was a girl's club that had the swastika as it's symbol. Guess they had to change that a decade or so later.

Again, thanks for your help.

George
    Hello George,
    You attachment is not working again.
    I believe that "Henry Sears" is/was a Canadian company.
    Not sure where that leaves us.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

I think we can agree that it is not TR.

Try reading this thread at least until page 2.

Henry Sears & Son swastika emblem razor
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast