Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Shaska/Shashka is it real or fake?

Article about: I guess the first part is it real or fake. I'm fasinated by its history if it is a true Cossak (sp) shaska meant for Cossacks that joind the other side for fear of what Mother Russia had ins

R.I.P. Rudy

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Shaska/Shashka is it real or fake?
    P
    Many

This loss is very hard for as we became very close . And even worse his things are MIA.
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

His collection went missing?

I may have discovered a "real" Cossack Nazi sword similar to the one pictured...but with several differences. im not sure where to look or who to ask and its taken me over a week to now get to being able to post in the forums that ive found with any information on it. mine has the Nazi bird but it appears "coin grade" as far as the etching on the bird and the wings. also it is stamped "43" and a "k" as well as two smaller stamped "birds" also a half moon and some other numbers.

I found it along with a pink piped green panzer "or heer" officers hat and a soft green Nazi cap along with gear pouches that contained a towel in one and a wool bandage of sort in the other. also there was a shoulder holster belt with the small leather holster, a german gas mask canister and a ww2 us M-1 helmet covered in the green fishnet. it appeared to be all kept together from the same time and not somebodys collection. we cannot find any pictures on the internet that are a close enough match to the sword we found. and so far we still do not know where to go or who to ask.

I would be happy to find one that is marked the same that is a known fake and keep it for close quarter home defense as well...but we cant and have yet to find it so we are left with the optimism that this sucker just may be the real McCoy. any advice from here would be appreciated! thank you

This forum is for the study of Third Reich edged weapons...some of which are political others not. There is nothing "Russian" related in this forum and subforums that will be able to enable your search further. I would suggest furthering your search in some of the Soviet forums within this website..as there are highly knowledgeable Gents within those forums..who would know more about " Cossack " history than within these confines here.

With 4 pages of replies..this thread pretty much answered the authenticity of the first post. Please give this forum a try > https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/ussr-1917-1991/

You should get the answers you are seeking. This is the best advice that can be offered to you in your search for "Nazi" Cossack swords.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Quote by relicsword View Post
    I may have discovered a "real" Cossack Nazi sword similar to the one pictured...but with several differences. im not sure where to look or who to ask and its taken me over a week to now get to being able to post in the forums that ive found with any information on it. mine has the Nazi bird but it appears "coin grade" as far as the etching on the bird and the wings. also it is stamped "43" and a "k" as well as two smaller stamped "birds" also a half moon and some other numbers.

I found it along with a pink piped green panzer "or heer" officers hat and a soft green Nazi cap along with gear pouches that contained a towel in one and a wool bandage of sort in the other. also there was a shoulder holster belt with the small leather holster, a german gas mask canister and a ww2 us M-1 helmet covered in the green fishnet. it appeared to be all kept together from the same time and not somebodys collection. we cannot find any pictures on the internet that are a close enough match to the sword we found. and so far we still do not know where to go or who to ask.

I would be happy to find one that is marked the same that is a known fake and keep it for close quarter home defense as well...but we cant and have yet to find it so we are left with the optimism that this sucker just may be the real McCoy. any advice from here would be appreciated! thank you
    There are now some 'variations on the theme' of new versions of the supposed WW II German Cossack sabers - all of them are fake with the ones I've seen so far. So while I would like to see the one that may be "real" as was stated, I'm not holding my breath. As for their being used (the actual period ones) I don't think that we can question considerable period evidence/photos that the sabers did serve in service to German forces in WW II as seen in the attached photo. So I imagine that it remains to be seen when and if the saber that was described above will be posted for an examination. Best Regards, Fred
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Shaska/Shashka is it real or fake?  

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4