Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

small dagger for ID please

Article about: Hi guys I haven’t a clue where to post this so sorry for putting it here. I don’t even think it may be military related. Just wondering what it is. I got it for nothing and probably that’s w

Default small dagger for ID please

Hi guys I haven’t a clue where to post this so sorry for putting it here. I don’t even think it may be military related.
    Just wondering what it is. I got it for nothing and probably that’s what its worth. Looks to me like some kind of tourist item.
    It has a six inch blade and a badly moulded aluminium 4 inch grip.
    While doing a search this was the nearest to it I could find in this link.
    GERMAN DAGGER-SOLINGEN W/SHEATH-VINTAGE-EAGLE CLAW : Lot 40006
    any ideas please
    Any help is always appreciated
    thanks
    Rod

small dagger for ID pleasesmall dagger for ID pleasesmall dagger for ID pleasesmall dagger for ID pleasesmall dagger for ID please

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement small dagger for ID please
    P
    Many

Default Re: small dagger for ID please

Hello Rod, These type of dagger knives were, as you suspected, just touristy souvenir stuff. You'll see ads for them in the old magazines from the 60's or so usually-they cost at the time a couple or 3 bucks or so. They came in many different variations. Sometimes you will see them with a dragon engraved on the blade-sometimes they are totally plain. The guards can be simple or elaborate and again come in many variants. Value-wise, they don't really bring all that much-maybe 50 bucks or so.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Thank you Wagriff I kinda thought as much.
    I wasn’t all that bothered about value. I was just wanting to know what it was and you have again come up with the answer thanks.
    I knew someone on here would know.
    Great help thanks again
    Rod

Many years back I picked up a replica Hitler Youth Knife sans the Swastika of course. Knife was even made in germany. I really did not think they were making these that far back but many forum members have told me differently. A big difference in this and outright forgeries. Is ashame we have to worry about being duped so much.

Rod here is an old advert to the other type you put the link to( i have posted this before but could not find it) , hope this helps a little and may explain a few more things
    cheers Ronnie
    PS note the year 1954
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture small dagger for ID please  

I know what you are saying Mauser9 I haven’t delved into daggers for this reason (fakes).
    I would love to get into them and I have done a bit of basic research on them in case I come across one but at the moment they way to expensive for my meagre income.

And thank you Ronnie for going to the trouble of finding this advert for me, it is very interesting, I take it some on here must have posted something like this before somewhere.
    I imagine $4 was quite expensive at that time for a knive, I wonder what the average American wage was back then.
    I don’t think I will try the coin stabbing test lol.
    Thanks very much learned a lot.
    Rod