Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Social welfare dagger - all original?

Article about: Hello again. Considering the purchase of this social welfare leader dagger. Everything looks ok but I do wonder about how new that screw looks on the top pommel. Any thoughts on this? Thank

Default Social welfare dagger - all original?

Hello again. Considering the purchase of this social welfare leader dagger. Everything looks ok but I do wonder about how new that screw looks on the top pommel. Any thoughts on this? Thank you for sharing your knowledge!
    Social welfare dagger - all original?Social welfare dagger - all original?Social welfare dagger - all original?Social welfare dagger - all original?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Social welfare dagger - all original?
    P
    Many

Eehhhh I dont know about this one..looking too new..check this thread out and you will see a vast difference.

Social Welfare and DRK daggers

in the thread link..the difference between the scabbards are the the hanger carrying holes..Social welfare is Square..and Red Cross leader is round.

I am not too fond of the spanner nut on top of the example you are showing. Regards Larry

It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

I'm fairly certain German Red Cross daggers had rectangular holes & Social Welfare daggers had the round ones, or so the old collector stories go. I do remember the difference in hangers with DRK having round buckles & Social Welfare having pebbled rectangular buckles. Just in what I've seen, the Social Welfare daggers &/or hangers are scarcer than DRk.

Is it possible to tag other members in this thread? I'd like to hear from some of the guys on the other thread that own these social welfare examples. Are there high quality fakes out there? I found a couple but they looked pretty bad.

I've never seen a chrome plated screw in one before.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Yea I think its junk....Authentic Social Welfare daggers did not have this embellishment on the scabbard band.

It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Haha ok. Real funny. In all seriousness, would any of you guys buy this dagger based on these images? Whether the price was two hundred or two thousand dollars. The reason I ask is that this is part of a larger collection that I am thinking about buying... About 400 miles away. I do not know the seller but the transaction is taking place through PayPal and I have a written guarantee that all of the items are pre 1945...

In all Honesty..I dont like the square holes as they seem over chromed..and the bands themselves should not be mirror like. I provided a link..and Im sure also Billy can comment on this.

Would I buy it? Nope...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

The quality of the eagle looks like a rough casting - certainly not as crisp as the one in this photo .
    I'm not a dagger collector - just applying a common principle of TR quality to this.

Dan
    Attached Images Attached Images Social welfare dagger - all original? 
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast