Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Some help on blades

Article about: by big ned Attachment 512244 Yaaaayy...!!! Only you Ned, Only you

Default Some help on blades

Since last "already sold"fiasco.
    Im looking at a few more.
    If possible, can i have some help?
    Thanks

Cheers
    Nuno

1st one
    Freiherr von Stein model
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Some help on blades   Some help on blades  

Some help on blades   Some help on blades  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Some help on blades
    P
    Many

Default Re: Some help on blades

My concerns are the swords, is the knot correct, are the engravings correct?

I feel more confident on daggers.
    This one is indeed original.
    Nicely detailed grip.

If the sword is a good one, there will be another problem.
    What to buy.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Some help on blades   Some help on blades  

Some help on blades   Some help on blades  

The sword is very original and in near mint condition, the knot is original also and properly affixed, I have the Wrangel Model made by Eickhorn, this was part of thier field marshall series, yours is number 1714 in the series and a safe value for this condition would be around 800-1000 IMO.

Quote by maximus71 View Post
    The sword is very original and in near mint condition, the knot is original also and properly affixed, I have the Wrangel Model made by Eickhorn, this was part of thier field marshall series, yours is number 1714 in the series and a safe value for this condition would be around 800-1000 IMO.
    Thanks mate.
    Im glad to have your opinion and learn from it.
    I love the dagger as well. Let me think.

Unfortunately a sword identical to the one above, in every respect including, model, maker, condition and knot has just been sold by forum member "All1Knew" (William). He only put it up yesterday, and it sold within hours, which is not suprising, considering he was asking only $495 for it. I thought about getting it myself at that price.

Same thing happened to me a couple of days back, a nice white handled Heer dagger by Puma with the earlier silvered fittings was up on WAF, while I was looking around at similar examples regarding price, it went. As they say, "You snooze, you lose..." and I sure did in that case.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by big ned View Post
    Unfortunately a sword identical to the one above, in every respect including, model, maker, condition and knot has just been sold by forum member "All1Knew" (William). He only put it up yesterday, and it sold within hours, which is not suprising, considering he was asking only $495 for it. I thought about getting it myself at that price.

Same thing happened to me a couple of days back, a nice white handled Heer dagger by Puma with the earlier silvered fittings was up on WAF, while I was looking around at similar examples regarding price, it went. As they say, "You snooze, you lose..." and I sure did in that case.

Regards, Ned.
    495 $ seems a good price but its no good for me.
    The sword just would not clear customs. So it has to be a European dealer.

Quote by NunoGTI View Post
    495 $ seems a good price but its no good for me.
    The sword just would not clear customs. So it has to be a European dealer.
    Yeah sorry Nuno, I just read your other post regarding the regs in Portugal, that's pretty tough!
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by big ned View Post
    Yeah sorry Nuno, I just read your other post regarding the regs in Portugal, that's pretty tough!
    I have bought the sword. Hopefully.....

Quote by NunoGTI View Post
    I have bought the sword. Hopefully.....

Some help on blades

Yaaaayy...!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast