Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS.... bread knife???

Article about: No, just kidding! But I thought I'd just share a funny moment with you that happened last night when I visited my old mother and was about to cut up some Swiss roll. I grabbed one of her anc

Default SS.... bread knife???

No, just kidding! But I thought I'd just share a funny moment with you that happened last night when I visited my old mother and was about to cut up some Swiss roll. I grabbed one of her ancient kitchen knifes and suddenly saw the makers mark on the knife! It's easy to forget that the SS dagger makers also made a lot of other stuff, for example kitchen knifes. It also kind of reminds me about Hugo Boss and the SS uniform...

The knife, according to my mother, is pre WWII and is barely hanging togheter anymore.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS.... bread knife???   SS.... bread knife???  

SS.... bread knife???  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS.... bread knife???
    P
    Many

That's the J.A. Henckels logo. My set of kitchen knives were made by them as well, though mine are modern. It's interesting that they've retained the same logo over the years. rather than modernizing it.

SS.... bread knife???

Regards, B.B.

Well, Germans are a quite conservative people. Don't change anything that works (kind of…).

I see even the "Friodur" brand is the same!

J.A.Henckels is a very old Solingen blade maker and their Zwilling "Twins" logo stickmen is one of the earliest registered trademarks and very well known. With that sort of history you don't change your icons.

On a related note, here are my Eickhorn knife and my Böker pen:

SS.... bread knife???

SS.... bread knife???

SS.... bread knife???

Boker makes a Pen ?...now thats impressive
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Boker makes a Pen ?...now thats impressive
    And more than one model, too:

Pens | Boker Outdoor & Collection

(Although note that there other brands on that page as well.)

Oh, and how about an old-school dagger?

Schweizer Dolch Torsionsdamast
    Schweizer Dolch

There was a thread on here a few years ago ...some newbie posted what Boker was offering as a Retro SS dagger and was willing to pay $1500 US to have it.

None of us couldnt understand why spend that much money and save another 2k and get a real one.
    Gerrit read him the riot act

What ever floats your boat and no history will ever be preserved in a modern Reproduction.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

MAP
    ?

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    On a related note, here are my Eickhorn knife and my Böker pen:

SS.... bread knife???

SS.... bread knife???

SS.... bread knife???
    Never pictured you as being the "tactical" type of guy.

That's some serious defensive and tactical hardware!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    Never pictured you as being the "tactical" type of guy.

That's some serious defensive and tactical hardware!
    Guilty as charged, I'm a bit of a gear geek. Guess I'm compensating for a boring deskbound job and a nagging midlife crisis.

I don't have many knives, though. It's mostly bags, backpacks and things like flashlights. Can't resist a good flashlight.

SS.... bread knife???

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast