Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

SS and SA Daggers

Article about: SS and SA Daggers look simply beautiful to me, and they also look very capable! Even for being decoration pieces on a uniform. My question is, is there any model or similar looking dagger th

Default SS and SA Daggers

SS and SA Daggers look simply beautiful to me, and they also look very capable! Even for being decoration pieces on a uniform. My question is, is there any model or similar looking dagger that was actually used in combat? If so I really want one, I love knowing that the piece I own can also function.
    Forgive my ignorance as I'm just now getting into German knives.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS and SA Daggers
    P
    Many

Moved to the Dagger forum.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thank you! Couldn't figure out what category this would be in.

These daggers were exclusively for dress usage and were not worn in combat. The only exception would be the Hitlere Jugend knife that some soldiers carried AS A BOOT KNIFE.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

They were simply ornamental-as great as they looked, but, no-they were not actually Used for anything martial. In fact, SS daggers were not even carried out into the fields. As for the SA Brown Shirts...I could imagine that over the years at least a Few of them May have been used to inflict injury onto someone, but then the drunken street brawling Brown Shirts-I wouldn't have put much of anything past their capabilities.
    Last edited by Wagriff; 01-03-2016 at 03:49 AM.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Not to mention practically speaking, the grip area is so small. Unless the SA/SS boys of the era had particularly small hands (or my hands are particularly large) the grip seems too short to satisfactorily support a fist trying to push a blade into a body.

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    They were simply ornamental-as great as they looked, but, no-they were not actually Used for anything martial. In fact, SS daggers were not even carried out into the fields. As for the SA Brown Shirts...I could imagine that over the years at least a Few of them May have been used to inflict injury onto someone, but then the drunken street brawling Brown Shirts-I wouldn't have put much of anything past their capabilities.
    I agree with william. If any dagger was 'unofficially' used it would have been an SA one.

These guys always seemed to be in full dress code, drunk and brawling. Its amazing that any SA dagger remains in collectable condition today when you think about it.

rgds matty

Yes these daggers were not used in combat but would imagine that they were used in small conflicts.
    These daggers radiated authority and were indeed a small part of their standard uniform.

?

The SS/SA dress daggers were patterned after the older Swiss dagger. So if you are looking for something functional while maintaining "The Look" you might wish to research that path.
    Semper Fi
    Phil

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    The SS/SA dress daggers were patterned after the older Swiss dagger. So if you are looking for something functional while maintaining "The Look" you might wish to research that path.
    Semper Fi
    Phil
    Search for "Holbein" daggers.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast