Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

SS sword value?

Article about: What is the value of an SS officers sword made by Krebs? I have been offered one and am waiting to look at it. Sarge

?

Question SS sword value?

What is the value of an SS officers sword made by Krebs?
    I have been offered one and am waiting to look at it.
    Sarge

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS sword value?
    P
    Many

Well...Paul Hogle at Lakesidetrader just sold one without it's knot or hangers for $5,795.00...and Gottleib has one for $10,995.00...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Keep in mind, the prices you see on websites do not usually (almost never) represent the actual "sold" prices since there is typically some behind the scenes negotiation involved with many purchases. That said, the $5,000 range seems more realistic, but without photos there is no real way to say. As I'm sure you're well aware Sarge, condition has a huge impact on value - more specifically the blade's condition when referring to most edged weapons.

JR Meda has an early Krebs with nickel fittings minus the hanger and knot for $6000. right now.
    SS Officer's Sword by Krebs - D384
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Well...Paul Hogle at Lakesidetrader just sold one without it's knot or hangers for $5,795.00...and Gottleib has one for $10,995.00...
    Gottleib stuff are always over price and you are never sure if you are getting the real deal or higher quality fake.

I have seen authentic ones available online and at shows for $5000 and up depending on condition. A proper officer's portepee will add around $1500. I opted for the NCO sword but hope to get an officer's one day.

These are a nice chunk of change and all valid points. Dyzner Nailed it. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill