Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Strange Boot Knife

Article about: Hello all, Here is the last knife in the grouping of knives a good friend of mine purchased. This is a boot knife that came in the lot. I believe this is a post war knife, mainly because it

?

Default Strange Boot Knife

Hello all,

Here is the last knife in the grouping of knives a good friend of mine purchased. This is a boot knife that came in the lot. I believe this is a post war knife, mainly because it is marked "Germany". The scabbard has a smilier style of older boot knifes, but I think this one was made for export.

Any ideas?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Strange Boot Knife   Strange Boot Knife  

Strange Boot Knife   Strange Boot Knife  

Strange Boot Knife   Strange Boot Knife  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Strange Boot Knife
    P
    Many

Hi Doug, you have pretty much got it covered.

I am pretty sure there is another one featured on the forum somewhere....

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Thanks Ade!

I wouldn't like to date it but definately post war and it is exactly the kind of item I often saw in the huntin', fishin' and shootin' shops all over Germany in the '70's - '90's. Often seen with antler or horn handles. Is this one pewter by any chance?

I always saw these as a kind of "dress" item worn by the more stylish Jaeger.

BTW it's not a boot knife and is worn at the waist on a belt.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

?

Thanks Mark,

Not sure if it pewter, I do not have it in hand currently. Appreciate your input!