Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Strange RAD knife with sheath and belt

Article about: hello i ran across this today, a man was selling it and i passed it up because i didnt have the money at the moment. He didnt know much about it, but was firm on the price of \\$1000. I love c

Default Strange RAD knife with sheath and belt

hello i ran across this today, a man was selling it and i passed it up because i didnt have the money at the moment. He didnt know much about it, but was firm on the price of $1000. I love collecting unusual rare things from the war like this knife, so i am considering contacting him and maybe purchasing this item. I want to know what you guys think, if you think the price is too high, I'm pretty sure its 100% original but you might know otherwise, and i would love to know any information you might have on it1
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Strange RAD knife with sheath and belt   Strange RAD knife with sheath and belt  

Strange RAD knife with sheath and belt   Strange RAD knife with sheath and belt  

Strange RAD knife with sheath and belt  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Strange RAD knife with sheath and belt
    P
    Many

Default Re: Strange RAD knife with sheath and belt

i guess its really not all that unusual, after doing some research, but i still would like to know if the pricing is a bit high. i think its worth maybe $500

The belt and buckle set is Heer and has nothing to do with Rad, about 150 for that set, as for the knife, it is a RAD NCO Hewer, the hanger on the hewer is the second pattern stlye bullet hanger, assuming its original they go for about 300 alone, the scabbard is in decent shape but the blade is a hot mess, it is so rusted that is matches the ground its laying on, which makes me wonder how it got like that with the scabbard being in way better condition, 500 would be about right for all of it IMO but its a shame about that blade.

Well,i would say $700 for the set will be fair price.
    For $500 I will jump for it,as I think, that the blade could clean up a bit.
    What is the blade maker mark?

Regards

alright thank you! yeah i would agree that the blade could use some TLC, but im not too concerned with it. I think that $600 is the most i could offer the buyer, and if he wants he can keep the belt because it is very common. He was pretty firm though, because he said he had it appraised at Antiques Roadshow for $1400, so i will do my best to talk him down a litte thanks again!

The antique road show appraises items that might sell at auction for that price,, but in that condition as of right now,,,there is not a stone chance that anyone with collecting knowledge would pay that price. I am happy though that you brought it here as many in the past and especially on Fleabay have lost thousands without researching it first. I agree also with the above assessments. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

1400 in that condition???? who appraised it stevie wonder??? lol

haha yeah he said the appraiser said they are very rare, heck maybe the seller lied about the whole appraisal thing because it seemed a bit high. thanks again all, and yeah Larry im glad i came here, because although i may not have given him $1400 i was considering $1000, but now i realize that would be dumb haha

Hi Schwartz..I think I would consider impulse buying unfortunate..but glad your here, There is a wealth of knowledge here at your finger tips to help you along the way in what ever you collect, The Members and Moderators in their particular area of collecting will give to the best answers to your questions. The amount of Forums and sub-forums within are exhaustive which would take months to go through at least once..with new information and artifacts posted everyday. Its an endless reservoir. Enjoy your stay Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill