Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

sword / bayonet knot

Article about: Greetings to all, I have a sword (bayonet knot) that I can not place in it's historical era. Please, if I could ask for your help to identify this item I would be very grateful. I have resea

Default sword / bayonet knot

Greetings to all,

I have a sword (bayonet knot) that I can not place in it's historical
    era. Please, if I could ask for your help to identify this item I would
    be very grateful.

I have researched but came to no satisfactory solution.
    I have found many with this style of knot, except the end
    with it's horizontal ribbon pattern. I never though, found the
    long ribbon style pattern I have.

I do not see any colors or that there ever has been any
    colors on the long ribbon, some might fade away but not
    on the total length as well as on the reverse side. It is all
    kept in goldish.

The closest I came was German Imperial / Weimar , maybe police
    or musician.

Total length: 18 inches
    Ribbon length: 15 inches

size of the knot: 2 inches long x 1 3/4 inches wide and 1 1/2 inches thick.

It was bought in Germany

Could I please ask for your support.

Thank you kindly
    Kind regards
    Skip
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture sword / bayonet knot   sword / bayonet knot  

sword / bayonet knot   sword / bayonet knot  

sword / bayonet knot  
    Last edited by Larry C; 11-15-2012 at 01:05 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement sword / bayonet knot
    P
    Many

Default Re: sword / bayonet knot

Hi Skippy,,the knot looks good,,, but the branch of service it belonged to can be answered better by some of our sword collectors,,be patient as someone who knows these best will be along shortly. regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thank you Larry C.

I'll have to be patient and hope some will come along.

Thanks again mate.

Any sword knot guys out there that can identify this? Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

The nearest match i could find to this one is almost the same as one hanging from a Imperial Firemans dirk only difference is the one skippy is showing has no RED motif lines running through it............got me this one sorry
    cheers Ronnie
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture sword / bayonet knot  

?

Yes, looks like a Imperial Firemans gold senior Officials portepee just as Ronnie indicated. Is it for your collection?

Horst
    Last edited by Horst; 11-17-2012 at 11:58 PM.
    "He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"

Greetings Horst

Yes, it is for my private collection. I have a vast variety of historical artifacts, which go through various time era.
    As it is sometimes you stumble in items that look interesting and when you site down to study them, then one will run into difficulties identifying the one or the other, so as my knot.

I have other items that I have been trying to identify for years with out any sufficient luck.

I wish to thank you, Ronnie, and Larry C for taking the time to help me with this knot. I now can label and place it in it's right spot.

Thank you all again
    Skip

One of the great reasons why we are all here and one day you can return the favor also to the next collector. Regards Larry

No problem Skip please post any of your items you need identify, there are a lot of decent people on here who would only be to pleased to do it for you if they can,
    cheers Ronnie