Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Unique RARE? Hitler Youth Knife dagger WKC MARKED blade

Article about: I just bought this at a local estate auction. It is VERY interesting! I have a HJ dagger and this looks similar, but it is also pretty unique! The blade is 5 1/2 long. The overall length is

Default Unique RARE? Hitler Youth Knife dagger WKC MARKED blade

I just bought this at a local estate auction. It is VERY interesting! I have a HJ dagger and this looks similar, but it is also pretty unique! The blade is 5 1/2" long. The overall length is 10". At first, I thought it was a shortened bayonet...but is is NOT a bayonet! The blade is nicely marked. The handle is wood. Is this a custom HJ knife? Possibly a trench or fighting knife? Is it a rare knife? I have never seen one...Unique RARE? Hitler Youth Knife dagger WKC MARKED bladeUnique RARE? Hitler Youth Knife dagger WKC MARKED bladeUnique RARE? Hitler Youth Knife dagger WKC MARKED bladeUnique RARE? Hitler Youth Knife dagger WKC MARKED bladeUnique RARE? Hitler Youth Knife dagger WKC MARKED bladeUnique RARE? Hitler Youth Knife dagger WKC MARKED bladeUnique RARE? Hitler Youth Knife dagger WKC MARKED blade

Bill

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unique RARE? Hitler Youth Knife dagger WKC MARKED blade
    P
    Many

Default Re: Unique RARE? Hitler Youth Knife dagger WKC MARKED blade

Hi Bill
    You have nice WW1 trench knife,but have nothing to do with HJ knife.
    The blade is little sharpened,but still a nice knife.

regards

Really?? I could have swore it was WWII with the eagle shaped handle and very similar look to WWII grips. But then again...I am NOT even a novice at WWI trench knives....so that is interesting! How can you tell it is WWI?

?

Hi Bill,

Stingray is right, the knife has the King's head / Knights helmet logo was a pre WWI logo for WK&C.
    Its a lovely knife you got there

Cheers,
    Ger

Thanks for the info! I had no idea. Hopefully I didn't overpay....I was thinking it was WWII. I paid $85. What do you think? It's probably too much since it is not WWII era. Thanks again for the info.

Bill

?

Quote by excalibr View Post
    Thanks for the info! I had no idea. Hopefully I didn't overpay....I was thinking it was WWII. I paid $85. What do you think? It's probably too much since it is not WWII era. Thanks again for the info.

Bill
    Bill,

$85 was a bargain price, its probably worth at least $200

i own a very similar WW1 trench knife to yours which cost me $250

B.T.W the grips on these knifes are made from wood .

Regards Mac 66.

?

Darn Mac, i was just going to make him an offer for 100,--us$

Mac is right you have a bargain there!

Cheers,
    Ger

?

Nice knife.
    You made a good deal.

Good deal! Thanks!! I'm just glad I didn't overpay. It was kind of 'unknown', but I knew it was German and usually German items of war hold or raise in value. thanks again for all the help!