Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Value of three German daggers

Article about: Hello all you nice guys.. I have bought a collection of mostly Danish weapons, but also bought these three German daggers. I am considering selling them, and would like to know what i could

?

Default Value of three German daggers

Hello all you nice guys..

I have bought a collection of mostly Danish weapons, but also bought these three German daggers. I am considering selling them, and would like to know what i could ask for each of them. I have an idea, but i am not familiar with german weapons and would like your estimated sales prices.

They all come from a Danish Arms Dealer, and i am told that they are all genuine, but i would like your comment on that as well.

The daggers are:

- German Navy / Marine Dagger
    - German Luftwaffe officers dagger
    - German Luftwaffe officers dagger 1.pattern

Thanks.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Value of three German daggers   Value of three German daggers  

Value of three German daggers   Value of three German daggers  

Value of three German daggers  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Value of three German daggers
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Value of three German daggers

it looks to me like the 1st and 2nd luft are fine, though i cant comment on the blade etch. the navy is killing me, i just cant decide from the pic's, only because of the lack of any aging to the fittings. the knot is tied wrong, so i dont think it was originaly there. but thats just my opinions.
    andrew

I don't like the scabbard fittings on the first luft, the second one seems okay Can't see much wrong with it and the 3rd looks very fresh

2nd pat.luft 1st pat luft ok but I don't think the etching is period navy is ok probably been cleaned.

Quote by n0valyfe View Post
    I don't like the scabbard fittings on the first luft, the second one seems okay Can't see much wrong with it and the 3rd looks very fresh
    Please expand on your comments as to what you do not like. We can then discuss the merits of your thoughts.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

I find the third dagger very clean, almost like it hasn't been made 70 odd years ago. The clasps and ring on the first luft knife seem like they are almost not part of the scabbard?

?

Hi all, thanks for your comments so far. ... as for the Navy dagger: The images are quite bright, but i think it has been cleaned somehow. There are a few dents on the scabbard.

Thanks

Dw buddy I have had a bad experience with a Navy Dagger when I was down in Gloucester, the one I held was a fake with a stupid hefty price tag. I hope someone can give you the quality answer since I cannot

We must always remember that a 67+ year old item can look new if it has been properly cared for over the years. Therefore, pristeen condition is not an automatic reason to discount a piece. It should be examined for workmanship in tune with that of the period.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

The first pattern Luftwaffe looks good at first sight except the eching: its been added later.
    ( lower etching: left and right dont match, its placed left lower then right), the fake etching destroyed the actual worth.
    Its missing its hangers, and what strikes me: the silverplating is chipping from the nickel, never seen that before...perhaps anyone can explain? when you look at the dent on the left of the top swastika it almost looks zinc cast.....strange

the Wkc looks period, only problem with this one: its been polished to dead, cant comment on the grip because of the pics .
    knot tied wrong, and it would look better the other way around in the scabbard ( copy right Ade )
    Cheers Ger
    Last edited by gerrit; 10-18-2012 at 07:55 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast