Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

A very nice Hirschfanger

Article about: Last night I called to see a very interesting lady who's late husband - a Belgian national, had landed with the 1st Independent Belgian Brigade at Normandy. We talked for a good while, she s

Default A very nice Hirschfanger

Last night I called to see a very interesting lady who's late husband - a Belgian national, had landed with the 1st Independent Belgian Brigade at Normandy. We talked for a good while, she showed me her husband's souvenirs from his time in France, Germany, and also the Belgian Congo where he fought as a mercenary. As I was getting up to leave, she went to a cupboard and brought out this rather elegant-looking Hirschfanger, and insisted that I took it as a gift. It is marked... 'Original... Eickhorn... Solingen'. The engraving is of a military pattern, showing crossed cannon barrels, drum, and piled arms. I'm unsure whether it is TR or Weimar period - or perhaps even earlier. can anyone help?

Cheers,
    Steve.

A very nice HirschfangerA very nice HirschfangerA very nice HirschfangerA very nice HirschfangerA very nice HirschfangerA very nice HirschfangerA very nice HirschfangerA very nice Hirschfanger

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A very nice Hirschfanger
    P
    Many

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/dagge...fanger-219408/
    Very nice Steve, the logo is from 1935 to 1941!...

?

A wonderful gift. I hope you gave her a big hug.

Quote by SteveR View Post
    A wonderful gift. I hope you gave her a big hug.
    Yes indeed!...

The lady in question - Cynthia, told me of her late husbands exploits in the Belgian Congo after the war. Apparently he got involved with another Belgian national, Jeane 'Black Jack' Schramme, and fought along side him as a mercenary.

Hi Harry..I moved your thread into the main forum..as this sub-forum is for Edged Weapons being worn by the Carrier.

Yet you do have a Third Reich Era Hirschfanger as the Eickhorn logo appears to be Mid 1930s..to 40s. If someone else could bring an exact time period for this logo.it would benefit this thread..and Hirschfanger collectors.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill