Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Vet Bring back : SS/ SA dagger & Heer officer dagger

Article about: Hello fellow enthusiasts. My grandfather served in the US Army in WW2 and Korea. He gave me 2 German daggers. One is an army dagger and the other is an SS dagger. Problem is, the SS dagger h

Jensen68
    ?

Default Vet Bring back : SS/ SA dagger & Heer officer dagger

Hello fellow enthusiasts. My grandfather served in the US Army in WW2 and Korea. He gave me 2 German daggers. One is an army dagger and the other is an SS dagger. Problem is, the SS dagger has an "Alles fur Deutschland" blade, denoting it is an SA dagger. Story goes: he got these from surrendering officers as he was an officer himself. They are in great shape and I want to keep them in the family. Grandpa was my hero and he gave them to me while I w in my teens. That's why the tip on the army dagger is slightly bent and there is a chip in the lack handle of the SS dagger. I lost the acorn lanyard from the army dagger as well. All my fellow war geeks were envious but most never showed it.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Vet Bring back : SS/ SA dagger & Heer officer dagger   Vet Bring back : SS/ SA dagger & Heer officer dagger  

Vet Bring back : SS/ SA dagger & Heer officer dagger   Vet Bring back : SS/ SA dagger & Heer officer dagger  

Last edited by Larry C; 03-13-2013 at 09:46 AM.

2. # ADS

Default Re: Vet Bring back : SS/ SA dagger & Heer officer dagger

Hello Jensen I moved your post to give you your own thread as I would not deem the Mismatched SS dagger as a "Near perfect reproduction" but as a put together by a returning Vet which was very common at the end if the War. The Army dagger I can not decide on if it is a repro or not as the photo is not very clear. Please could you post better photos of the Army dagger and we can help you with authenticity. The SS in my opinion except for the blade is period and possibly the SA blade is authentic also...just mismatched. The purpose of the thread "Near perfect Edged weapons" is to identify period examples on purposely modified daggers during modern times and pass them off as authentic. This thread will help identify that for the new collector in the hobby as to not getting burned and losing alot of money due to a scammers motives.
    Thank you anyway for posting your 2 dagger examples. The other members will comment on both daggers as well. When you get a chance please post better photos of the heer officer dagger. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Jensen68
    ?

Thanks for the feedback, Larry. I will try to get better pix up soon. The army dagger has no markings on it. When I was a kid I took them both apart. Looking for hidden notes or cyanide tabs. Ha ha! I have some pretty disturbing photo albums. Grandpa had to work with executions post war. Collaborators. Got pictures of them getting walked to and swinging from the gallows. Off to work now! Pix soon...

In this hobby..photos carry more weight than stories or words,, as we have heard alot of them..at the end of the day its the photo itself first,,, that supports the story...not the story supporting the dagger. Anything can happen when the liberating GIs came to town when they found a dagger...or part of one looking to get finished. Post your pics looking forward to them!! Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill