Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Wasserschutz Dagger in "For Sale" forum

Article about: Just noticed that there is a Wasserschutz (Water Customs) dagger being offered in the For Sale forum - as there is not a lot of detailed info provided by the seller other than the pictures I

?

Default Wasserschutz Dagger in "For Sale" forum

Just noticed that there is a "Wasserschutz" (Water Customs) dagger being offered in the "For Sale " forum - as there is not a lot of detailed info provided by the seller other than the pictures I would have a few questions - the pictures show that fittings are silver , Water Customs dagger had gilt/gold fittings also it looks like the hilt fittings are aluminum which they should not be - maybe its the pictures and the seller needs to provide more detailed information??Last but not least is the price, as the Water Customs was a relative small group these original daggers are quite rare and demand a high price - the price noted by the seller would be a steal as the list price is less than the price of a Land Customs dagger.

Think we need to review this and get some more input.

Heres the link:
    beautiful water Customs dagger by Horster - Militaria Collectibles buy - sell at War Relics

Horst
    "He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Wasserschutz Dagger in "For Sale" forum
    P
    Many

Default Re: Wasserschutz Dagger in "For Sale" forum

If there is no objection by the seller,, then he would not mind shooting a few closeup photos of areas in question so as to give him the benefit of the doubt,protecting him and the buyer. I sent Him a PM requesting his attention to this thread. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

There is also a 2nd pattern Luftwaffe dagger (engraved) from the same seller which i believe has a couple of problems, namely the wire wrap and also the blade may have been chromed at one stage and appears to be seperating towards the point, i would like to hear other comments either agreed or disagreed as i may be wrong in my assumptions

Hello all,

Will take photos immediately. Be back shortly.

William Kramer

Hello again,

Here are the aluminum fittings.

William Kramer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Wasserschutz Dagger in "For Sale" forum   Wasserschutz Dagger in "For Sale" forum  

Wasserschutz Dagger in "For Sale" forum   Wasserschutz Dagger in "For Sale" forum  

Quote by davejb View Post
    There is also a 2nd pattern Luftwaffe dagger (engraved) from the same seller which i believe has a couple of problems, namely the wire wrap and also the blade may have been chromed at one stage and appears to be seperating towards the point, i would like to hear other comments either agreed or disagreed as i may be wrong in my assumptions
    Here are your photos of the blade tip on the 2nd pattern Luftwaffe dagger as well as the handle wiring.

William Kramer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Wasserschutz Dagger in "For Sale" forum   Wasserschutz Dagger in "For Sale" forum  

Wasserschutz Dagger in "For Sale" forum   Wasserschutz Dagger in "For Sale" forum  

William these are great links,, but none of which point to the original post by Horst! What makes your Customs dagger a (water customs dagger) that was outlined by Horst?
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Larry,

I believe the dagger William posted was mistakenly identified as a Water Customs dagger. It appears to be a Land Customs dagger where the green leather has toned to a darker hue. In all other aspects, the dagger appears correct.