Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Weyersberg fireman bayonet

Article about: Hi all! I came across this bayonet today. It looks like it just came out of the makers shop. It is marked G. Weyersberg. Is this a common maker for the firemans side piece? Thanks for lookin

Default Weyersberg fireman bayonet

Hi all! I came across this bayonet today. It looks like it just came out of the makers shop. It is marked G. Weyersberg. Is this a common maker for the firemans side piece? Thanks for looking
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Weyersberg  fireman bayonet   Weyersberg  fireman bayonet  

Weyersberg  fireman bayonet   Weyersberg  fireman bayonet  

Weyersberg  fireman bayonet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Weyersberg  fireman bayonet
    P
    Many

HI Saginaw..Not a producer logo Im used to seeing on Dress bayos and also only information that Im aware of presently is that Gustav made SA daggers.

Wait for a few others to chime in on the stamped logo. The scabbard appears to be repainted and frog added.
    Other comments welcome.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Hi larry, thanks for the response. The scabbard in hand does not look to be repainted. I think the reflection from the light in the picture gives it that look. Im not sure about the frog. I attached a pic of the makers logo that i found online.
    Attached Images Attached Images Weyersberg  fireman bayonet 

It's probably the mark of Gottfried Weyersberg Söhne, a relatively uncommon maker of fire bayonets. I do own one in my fire bayonet collection & have not seen many examples over 16 years of collecting them.