MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

What is this?

Article about: Any ideas what this dagger\\ bayonet might be. Bought in East Germany. The grip has been roughly cut post manufacture. Shown with Luftwaffe knives for scale. I´d be grateful for any suggestio

Default What is this?

Any ideas what this dagger\ bayonet might be. Bought in East Germany. The grip has been roughly cut post manufacture. Shown with Luftwaffe knives for scale. I´d be grateful for any suggestions. Many Thanks.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What is this?   What is this?  

What is this?   What is this?  

What is this?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement What is this?
    P
    Many

Default Re: What is this?

Well its too small to be a real bayonet, perhaps its an elaborate letter opener?

i think a belgian or a french pin, decoration or/and letter opener

Regards

I would go with the letter opener theory.

Looking at the rifle bore hole..it does not look like it was milled...just shaped.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

JMHO, if it is the size of a Luft. fighting knife, too large to be just a letter opener. Possibly something else modified.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Yes probably a child or a letter oppener bayonet, probably inspired by M1889 belgian or M1895 Winchester.