Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

What exactly is this knife? Eickhorn

Article about: I have this knife and have always wondered about it. I do not understand the handle on it, do not know if it actually belongs on it. What can anyone tell me about it. I want to know if the s

?

Default What exactly is this knife? Eickhorn

I have this knife and have always wondered about it. I do not understand the handle on it, do not know if it actually belongs on it. What can anyone tell me about it. I want to know if the sheath is original to the knife also.
    Any direction or help is greatly appreciated.
    Semper Fi
    Brent
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What exactly is this knife? Eickhorn   What exactly is this knife? Eickhorn  

What exactly is this knife? Eickhorn   What exactly is this knife? Eickhorn  

What exactly is this knife? Eickhorn   What exactly is this knife? Eickhorn  

What exactly is this knife? Eickhorn  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement What exactly is this knife? Eickhorn
    P
    Many

Default Re: What exactly is this knife? Eickhorn

Hi Brent, I have never seen one like this before either. I am tempted to say it has been made from a parade bayonet blade. But I don't know for sure.

Cheers, Ade.

ian
    ?

the plastic handle is from a US post war bayonet
    cheers ian
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What exactly is this knife? Eickhorn   What exactly is this knife? Eickhorn  

?

I am baffled too, What and why would someone do this? I wonder what it looked like before hand. I wonder if it is possible to put it back the way it was originally, but I have no idea what it was before. What about the sheath? any ideas? Does the markings on the blade look to be correct, and is it worth my time to track this down and make it right?

Thanks
    Brent

ian
    ?

well Brent if it were mine i would keep it as is ,and enjoy the different conversations it is bound to start , allso i bet it is one of a kind ,mabe not worth much , but something special cheers ian

Hi Brent, keep it as it. It is not worth trying to restore it as the cost would be prohibitive. As Ian says, it is a conversation peice. The sheath will be home made too.

Cheers, Ade.

?

I took the handle off from the blade, it seems the knife must have broke sometime ago and someone made a handle for it, it was well constructed underneath, they made a metal holder for the knife with cast alum it looks like. Whomever did this surely knew what they were doing. Id say it almost looks like factory. But it is not. Thanks for the replies.
    Do you know of any sites that identify U.S. bazookas from ww2? There is one for sale nearby, I think they want 200 for it, with shells. The side has a hole cut into it approximately 3 inches in diameter, is it worth the investment?
    Also, there is a gun and knife show coming tomorrow, anything I should keep an eye out for?

Brent