Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

what number on blade and scabbard of this German WWII fighting knife ?

Article about: Hi ! I bought this particular knife, (it´s obviously in a very poor condition ...), because I need some scabbards for the Infanteriemesser 42 of the Wehrmacht. Upon the blade, also upon the

Default what number on blade and scabbard of this German WWII fighting knife ?

what number on blade and scabbard of this German WWII fighting knife ?what number on blade and scabbard of this German WWII fighting knife ?what number on blade and scabbard of this German WWII fighting knife ?what number on blade and scabbard of this German WWII fighting knife ?what number on blade and scabbard of this German WWII fighting knife ?

Hi !

I bought this particular knife, (it´s obviously in a very poor condition ...), because I need some scabbards for the Infanteriemesser 42 of the Wehrmacht.

Upon the blade, also upon the scabbard, the number 1/14 ist stamped in.

I never ever saw such markings on fighting knive´s of the Wehrmacht !

Some of you gimme a clue ?

Thx. in advance,

R.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement what number on blade and scabbard of this German WWII fighting knife ?
    P
    Many

Default Re: what number on blade and scabbard of this German WWII fighting knife ?

Maybe Jan. 1914 ?.

Default Re: what number on blade and scabbard of this German WWII fighting knife ?

Quote by operaman View Post
    Maybe Jan. 1914 ?.
    No way !

The scabbard is an Wehrmacht one, (introduced in 1942) !

I think you should ask Ade,he is the expert.I still think it is a WW1 knife.

Sorry, but I have not seen this marking before either. All I can suggest is some kind of unit marking?

But I do like the knife.

Cheers, Ade.