Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

WKC gravity knife!!

Article about: I have just been given this WKC gravity knife along with the story that it came from a well know Hotel here on the Island of Jersey which was used by the Germans during the Occupation. At th

Default WKC gravity knife!!

I have just been given this WKC gravity knife along with the story that it came from a well know Hotel here on the Island of Jersey which was used by the Germans during the Occupation. At this point I am unsure of what I have, so the story does not come into it until the origins on the knife are established.The blade is marked WKC ROSTFREI 57, thought at first it was 37 but it I am sure its 57. This leads me to believe that its a postwar production for civilian use and has no connection the the war...and that shoots the story out of the water. I am sure there are those on the forum who know for sure what this is, please let me know as I am intrigued to find out.
    All the best from Jersey,
    D
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WKC gravity knife!!   WKC gravity knife!!  

WKC gravity knife!!   WKC gravity knife!!  

WKC gravity knife!!   WKC gravity knife!!  

Attached Images Attached Images WKC gravity knife!!  WKC gravity knife!! 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WKC gravity knife!!
    P
    Many

Hi D, you were right to think post war.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Hi Ade,
    There's me thinking you were going to tell me it was a 37, and an early prototype previously unseen except for one black and white photo which survived a number of day and night bombing of the WKC factory. And the knife was going to be worth a fortune as it was the only known example.
    One things for sure the chap who gave it to me won't believe me.
    Nothing unexpected Ade, just the good old hard truth.
    All the best,
    D

Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

As you say, ignore the price. I would have thought it was worth very little in reality. But once again you and the forum shine through. Ask a question and get good accurate info, can't ask for more.
    D

love all the stories.lol