Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WKC Police Dagger / Bayonet

Article about: The bayonet/dagger is all matching and it has quite the story behind it. It was picked up by an American GI so being from an area that was Russian controlled , he must of got lucky? He claim

Default WKC Police Dagger / Bayonet

Hello Everyone:

I picked this up tonight in a large gun purchase, I was thinking about putting it up in the classifieds but figured I would let everyone put their two cents in first.
    All Matching, WKC.

It is actually mentioned in a book that the Vet wrote, but he had it published in a small number. I'm trying to get a copy from the family.

Thanks
    Cody
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WKC Police Dagger / Bayonet   WKC Police Dagger / Bayonet  

WKC Police Dagger / Bayonet   WKC Police Dagger / Bayonet  

WKC Police Dagger / Bayonet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WKC Police Dagger / Bayonet
    P
    Many

Default Re: WKC Police Dagger / Bayonet

Beautiful police bayonet.

- - Updated - -

Beautiful police bayonet.

Thanks!
    The Vet got it with the guys Luger too, but he traded his luger back in 2009 for a boat, trailer and a new engine... haha!

Do you think someone would want to buy this? What would be a good value on it?
    Last edited by NDShooter; 12-11-2012 at 07:00 AM.

?

Hi Cody,
    Its a great looking bayonet! and still in decent condition.
    does it have matching markings on the scabbard fitting and the crossguard ( LA1 79)
    Buchtek antiks has a similar in his webshop for 480-- euro ( thats also the price i sold mine for)
    Dealers often ask prices up to 800 dollars, thats why they still have them i guess...
    I just love the way they look!
    Cheers,
    Ger

Gorgeous bayonet! I would love to have one like this some day!

Very good looking example.

The markings are for the Landesgendarmerie Allenstein.

According to by "History Writ in Steel : German Police Markings 1900-1936" by Don Maus, examples of these markings are rarely seen, possibly because they were issued in areas captured by the Russians rather than the Western Allies.

Regards

Richie

Very nice piece of Polizei steel.
    The worn handle Adler is great IMO and the brown frog would indicate Rural Polizei I would think?

This Alexander Coppel slotted example was issued in Breslau which was certainly occupied by the Soviets.It survived the red horde to end up at my place.

WKC Police Dagger / BayonetWKC Police Dagger / BayonetWKC Police Dagger / BayonetWKC Police Dagger / Bayonet

I've posted this example a few times now but hey I guess it won't hurt to post just once more .

Cheers
    Dave

Hi Cody great pick up!!! Thank you for posting here first for discussion,,, if and before you decide to sell it. I wish more would do this for education and protection for the seller and buyer. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Indeed a very nice police bayonet.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast