Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WW1 bayonet?

Article about: The info this forum has provided for my Rohm dagger is incredible, so I thought I would try again.I have had this bayonet for many years, Bought at a flea market. It is very plain and fits m

jeep1115
    ?

Default WW1 bayonet?

The info this forum has provided for my Rohm dagger is incredible, so I thought I would try again.I have had this bayonet for many years, Bought at a flea market. It is very plain and fits my 1891 Argentine Mauser well. I dont have a K98 to try it on. Any ideas?
    Wayne
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW1 bayonet?  

2. # ADS

?

Default Re: WW1 bayonet?

As it looks, it's a Weyersberg and Kirchbauum made Chilly mauser bayo, or for one of the South American countries
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

?

Yes it could be chilean M1895 when on opposite ricasso a crest of Chile is, best regards,Andy

jeep1115
    ?

I took some pics of the bayonet but this old camera isnt much good. There is a "crown" on the right and 3 intersecting circles on the left just beneath the crossguard. A serial number on the on the reverse side.
    V/R
    Wayne
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW1 bayonet?   WW1 bayonet?  

?

Yes it could be a shield with fivepoint star inside and a field behind, the 3 circle proof is probably a Krupp steel material marking,best regards,Andy

Default British

Quote by jeep1115 View Post
    The info this forum has provided for my Rohm dagger is incredible, so I thought I would try again.I have had this bayonet for many years, Bought at a flea market. It is very plain and fits my 1891 Argentine Mauser well. I dont have a K98 to try it on. Any ideas?
    Wayne
    I know this is an old thread, but I just stumbled upon this photo.

This is not a bayonet but a sword (and its scabbard). It looks to me to be from a carbine, perhaps a British Enfield from the 1860s.

??? Excuse us ? Interesting. Could you explain ?

The answers that Andy and Dimas have given
    above are pretty close, if not right
    on the mark.

Even I know it is Definitely NOT British.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

?? - sorry - was just contributing... but it's identical to the sword from the rifle I mentioned, so at least that might help with its age and accompanying rifle, etc?

?

Not a sword, absolutely, without a doubt, an 1895 Chilean bayonet. the whole thing is only 14-16 inches long.

Jim

Hi Steeltown...no damage done..we all learn by doing and making mistakes is a part of growth. This website and the surrounding sub forums have some of the most seasoned minds in collecting for this hobby and Time period. You are among some great knowledge here. The bayonet posted above is exactly as specified by those who replied.

I find it comforting to say the least ..that someone is reading these old threads as yourself..and bringing them back to the top for question. Welcome to the forum..and Enjoy your stay. Happy reading..there is alot to see and study. If you see anything questionable that your not sure of..please go ahead and ask and repost..even if you may be mistaken..or you also could be correct . Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast