Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

ww1 / ww2 German Bayonet with unknown markings

Article about: I am interested in this german bayonet but I can't figure out from what period is it and how valuable is it in terms of both money and history. The buyer does not know how much he wants for

?

Default ww1 / ww2 German Bayonet with unknown markings

I am interested in this german bayonet but I can't figure out from what period is it and how valuable is it in terms of both money and history ( how rare is it ). The buyer does not know how much he wants for it and so I would like to know roughly how much should I buy this bayonet for. Also, I could not find what those markings mean.

Thank you in advance and sorry for the bad quality of the photos.

ww1 / ww2 German Bayonet with unknown markingsww1 / ww2 German Bayonet with unknown markingsww1 / ww2 German Bayonet with unknown markingsww1 / ww2 German Bayonet with unknown markingsww1 / ww2 German Bayonet with unknown markings

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement ww1 / ww2 German Bayonet with unknown markings
    P
    Many

Default VZ 24 Czech Bayonet

Greetings,

It is a VZ24 Czech Bayonet. You can learn about the markings here under VZ24 CZECHOSLOVAK Mauser Bayonets and Variations As far as pricing goes, there are plenty of these bayonets regularly available on eBay and easily enough viewed for a price's comparison.

I can't read the inscription on the blade. Depending on that inscription's originality to the bayonet's history it may well increase (or lower, if not contemporary to the piece) the value, how much depends on your and your seller's interest. The Germans did take over the Czech's production facilities during their occupation so depending on the markings it may have been made during that time, but as I did not view any German stamps on this example it is likely a Pre-WWII wholly Czech Made example.

Best Regards,

V/r Lance

I would think 1920's.

The Czech Army bayonets were dated so this may be an export example. While I can't make out the inscription, my unconfirmed sense of it is that it may have been one of the export models to Latin America. Those exports extending into the 1930's. Best Regards, Fred

I'm going to guess from what I have read online the inscription reads "Memento Audere Semper." No idea if this would be original to the piece but I am seeing a lot of references to this phrase and the MAS acronym being used in conjunction with the Italian torpedo boats of WW1/2. Perhaps someone has tried to make it seem that there is a connection between this bayonet and the MAS boats. Just my opinion of course.