Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

WW2 German Folding Knife DRGM?

Article about: Hello What are your thoughts on this knife? I looked everywhere but could not find anything . It is marked DRGM. It kind of like a gravity knife? Thank you for your time and help Tony

?

Default WW2 German Folding Knife DRGM?

Hello
    What are your thoughts on this knife?
    I looked everywhere but could not find anything .
    It is marked DRGM.
    It kind of like a gravity knife?
    Thank you for your time and help
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 German Folding Knife DRGM?   WW2 German Folding Knife DRGM?  

WW2 German Folding Knife DRGM?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WW2 German Folding Knife DRGM?
    P
    Many

Interesting pocket knife. Not one I'm familiar with but we can say it is German manufactured as the DRGM mark is a patent mark similar to the DRP mark. DRGM marks occur from 1891 to 1945. Someone else may know if this was a military or civilian knife.

?

It is not a kind of gravity knife, imo just a civil made pocketknife thats been patented.
    The drgm marked lefer is also the lock of the blade, a nice mecanism.

I have a Boker pocketknife thats been D.R.G.M. marked, lots of mecanisms were patented these days and marked so.

Regards
    Ger

Quote by gerrit View Post
    It is not a kind of gravity knife, imo just a civil made pocketknife thats been patented.
    The drgm marked lefer is also the lock of the blade, a nice mecanism.

I have a Boker pocketknife thats been D.R.G.M. marked, lots of mecanisms were patented these days and marked so.

Regards
    Ger
    I agree. This is simply a period pocket knife / clasp knife of a generic type available on the open market at the time.

It may well be something that many soldiers would have carried but it is not military issue and bears none of the features peculiar to a "gravity knife" which is so called because the blade can be "flicked" out or allowed to drop under gravity and is then locked in place manually. It does appear from the pictures to have a thumb operated blade lock but that's where the similarity ends.

Hope this helps

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

?

Hello
    Thank you for the help and info.
    Very helpful
    Thank you
    Tony