Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

2 Questions? What exactly are these called?

Article about: by Walkwolf Interesting pouch Mike. Are these re-worked shako badges on the flaps ? No they are much smaller! Like 1/3 th. |<

Default 2 Questions? What exactly are these called?

Vet bring back, thank you for looking!!

2 Questions?  What exactly are these called?2 Questions?  What exactly are these called?2 Questions?  What exactly are these called?2 Questions?  What exactly are these called?2 Questions?  What exactly are these called?

The stitching on the back came loose and broke on the flap; should I get repaired?
    And if so, who might be a expert needle person?
    Is this a ammo pouch? The eagle is nice.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 2 Questions?  What exactly are these called?
    P
    Many

Default Re: 2 Questions? What exactly are these called?

Looks like an nice Police ammo pouch to Me...but what do I know? Personally, I would look into getting the stitching redone, if it's coming apart, but I know that alot of people out there wouldn't. You would need a Very good and careful leather worker-like someone that works in a holster or saddle shop or some such. William
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Looks like an nice Police ammo pouch to Me...but what do I know? Personally, I would look into getting the stitching redone, if it's coming apart, but I know that alot of people out there wouldn't. You would need a Very good and careful leather worker-like someone that works in a holster or saddle shop or some such. William
    I agree, but the makers used a large thread, cotton I'm sure, hard to find, but in my area, leather people are rare, a boot repairman wanted to just glue it, I said no and there it sits, was also wondering what was used to hold the eagle to the lid?
    Oh William, you are an expert believe it or not

Cotter pins? Sometimes you see small wood dowels as well. William
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Cotter pins?
    ?? Don't know, it was loose from the pouch when I found it, had to match it up...in the same lot though There was no evidence of either in the lot, and no marks in the inside lid either.

Hi Mike, a nice Schutzpolizei Officer's Cartouche pouch.

It is possible to repair this yourself using cotton thread and restitching into the original holes. Just depends on how handy you are.

It would have had two other leather cross straps to secure it to the sash belt.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Very nice pouch, Mike! Thanks for showing.

Regards

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Mike, a nice Schutzpolizei Officer's Cartouche pouch.

It is possible to repair this yourself using cotton thread and restitching into the original holes. Just depends on how handy you are.

It would have had two other leather cross straps to secure it to the sash belt.

Cheers, Ade.
    So you think the straps are missing? It looks complete, but don't know. And would the straps atttach to the pins on the bottom? Trying to get a picture in my head?

Thanks Ingrid!!

Here you go. A picture speaks a thousand words as they say....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 2 Questions?  What exactly are these called?  
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

AHHH very nice, its nice to finally see one!! Thanks Ade!! Was wondering what the other studs were.....

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast