Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

FeuerSchutzPolizei Literature?

Article about: Forgive me if I have placed this in the wrong forum, I figured the Polizei subforum would be a better home than the "Discussions" forum as this question pertains to an arm of the p

Default FeuerSchutzPolizei Literature?

Forgive me if I have placed this in the wrong forum, I figured the Polizei subforum would be a better home than the "Discussions" forum as this question pertains to an arm of the polizei!

I have become heavily interested in the FeuerSchutzPolizei and was curious if anybody had any suggestions for books or other publications that cover the FSP Uniforms, Insignia, Gear, History/information, Personell etc!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement FeuerSchutzPolizei Literature?
    P
    Many

Default Re: FeuerSchutzPolizei Literature?

There is very little specialized literature on the FSP as such.

If you can read German, you could go for "Deutsche Polizei-Uniformen 1936-1945" by Dieter Deuster. It's a comprehensive study of German Third Reich Police uniforms and insignia covering all branches of the police (including the FSP) as well as the technical auxiliary police formations (Feuerwehr, TENO and LSP) and the foreign auxiliary police (Schuma). It has some flaws, but in terms of the insignia charts, I know of none better on this subject.

The "German Police" series by John R. Angolia and Hugh Page Taylor will be a lavishly illustrated, massive, multi-volume study, two volumes of which have been published so far. Again, this one will cover the whole German police organization. Vol. I has much historical, organizational and general information, making up some 5/6 of its contents, the remainder covers Orpo uniforms and insignia in general. This is is continued in vol. 2, which then moves on to coverage of the specific branches. This volume includes Schupo, Verkehrspolizei, Gendarmerie and TENO. The FSP will be dealt with in a future volume, but you might find the historical and general information in vol. 1 and 2 of interest.

"The Uniformed Police Forces of the Third Reich 1933-1945" by Phil Nix and Georges Jerome is about the organization of the whole German police and the biographical data of its senior officers. Some 20 pages are devoted to the FSP organization, but these are just listings of duty positions, offices, units and commanders.

"Defending the Reich" by David Littlejohn is about all aspects of Germany's WW2-era air defense, from Luftwaffe Flak to civil defense services. It includes a total of some 60 pages about the FSP and Feuerwehr.

Hope this helps; maybe other members can add more titles to the list.

Default Re: FeuerSchutzPolizei Literature?

Thank you for the information HPL!