Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Feuerwehr fire brigade dress jacket

Article about: Hello, Not quite sure what this is, its a firebrigade jacket but its diffrent. the seller says its german and ww2 era. cheers, Pat

?

Default Feuerwehr fire brigade dress jacket

Hello,
    Not quite sure what this is, its a firebrigade jacket but its diffrent. the seller says its german and ww2 era.

Feuerwehr fire brigade dress jacketFeuerwehr fire brigade dress jacketFeuerwehr fire brigade dress jacketFeuerwehr fire brigade dress jacketFeuerwehr fire brigade dress jacketFeuerwehr fire brigade dress jacketFeuerwehr fire brigade dress jacketFeuerwehr fire brigade dress jacketFeuerwehr fire brigade dress jacketFeuerwehr fire brigade dress jacketFeuerwehr fire brigade dress jacketFeuerwehr fire brigade dress jacketFeuerwehr fire brigade dress jacketFeuerwehr fire brigade dress jacketFeuerwehr fire brigade dress jacket

cheers,
    Pat

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Feuerwehr fire brigade dress jacket
    P
    Many

Default Re: Feuerwehr fire brigade dress jacket

What I can tell you for sure is that the insignia are definitely not German WW-era Feuerwehr ones:

The tunic lacks shoulderboards and a sleeve eagle; the collar patches are Austrian style and the gold braid strips on the sleeves were not used by Third Reich firefighting services either.

As for the tunic itself, the cut, pipings etc. do look like those of a Third Reich era Feuerwehr tunic to me.

However, I cannot tell whether this a post-war era uniform, or a wartime uniform modified for early postwar use or simply a put-together item as this is not my area of expertise.

Maybe other more knowledgable members will be able to comment on this.

?

Thanks HPL.
    If it is an original tunic, I can always take off all the postwar items and reattach the original items.
    Hopefully someone else can tell us if its real or not.

cheers,
    Pat

It is 100% Austrian. What it could be is a tunic that was still worn after the annexation. Very few fire departments switched over to the new regulation uniforms. I could imagine the same would be true in Austria. The only thing I am surprised to see (if this was the case) was no sleeve eagle added onto the uniform. Even if using the old Austrian uniform, I would imagine a sleeve eagle would be added.

The actual construction of the tunic is correct PRE-1945. With the "black pin striped" sleeve liner.

It also could be a pre-1945 tunic that was used post war with Austrian insignia. Is there any evidence of an eagle?

-Martin

I agree. Certainly Austrian and likely to be pre-1938. Cheers, Torsten.

?

Hi guys!
    What do you think about this jacket? Which era? It's for sale now.
    Thanks!
    Feuerwehr fire brigade dress jacketFeuerwehr fire brigade dress jacketFeuerwehr fire brigade dress jacketFeuerwehr fire brigade dress jacket