Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Gendarmerie Items at Show of Shows 2011

Article about: Well, I have been very busy with work so I have not been able to post the items I found at Show of Shows. I had a very good year! This year I came home with yet another rural police tunic in

Default Gendarmerie Items at Show of Shows 2011

Well, I have been very busy with work so I have not been able to post the items I found at Show of Shows. I had a very good year!

This year I came home with yet another rural police tunic in the rank of Meister. Since I want all of my tunics to be Gendarmerie Meisters the challenge is finding ones that are different. Since all of my tunics had named eagles, I figured this tunic with the unnamed eagle could fit into the collection nicely.

I also obtained a Gendarmerie Tschako that wasn't in 100% condition but still displayed very nicely and came in a trade.
    I picked up a WKC maker marked Bavarian Weimar Police Short Sword that was engraved "In true service".
    I found a good deal on a summer weight police oversees cap which will go nicely with my summer weight Meister tunic.

I got a good deal on an Austrian mounted Iron Cross 2nd Class with an East Front Medal. I was looking for an East Front Austrian mounted medal so finding it with the EK1 was a bonus for me.
    Last but not least I obtained a Croatian Zvonimir Cross 2nd Class with swords. As you can see it is in its original case which again is a very nice bonus!
    I also added a picture of one of my rural police riker mounts because I did pick up a lot of odds and ends this year and I seriously cannot recall everything I got at SOS this year!

The real good news is the price of everything. I brought many items with me to sell and to trade, so even with getting all of these items for my collection I came home with $300 more than I went down with. This included the price of my hotel room, diesel, meals, and other expenses!

DO NOT miss Show of Shows next year!

-Martin

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Gendarmerie Items at Show of Shows 2011
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Gendarmerie Items at Show of Shows 2011

Very nice.
    Police items have always been interesting.
    SteveR

A most impressive haul!

Well done!

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    A most impressive haul!

Well done!

Cheers, Ade.
    Thanks Ade! I always hold your (and our other forum veterans) compliments in high regard!
    My biggest problem is starting to become how to display all of this. I have been very aggressive this year in focusing only on the Gendarmerie Meister and went from zero uniforms to four. I am starting to focus more on headhear, belts/buckles, and pants. I have one set of breeches and one set of orange piped dress trousers but the real issue is going to be finding small mannequins and then where to put them!

Obviously sunlight and moths give me nightmares so for the time being everything is in bags with mothballs and cedar rings.

Great items! I love the police militaria, an often overlooked area of collection i think.

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    Great items! I love the police militaria, an often overlooked area of collection i think.
    Yeah, maybe this weekend I will finally get around the taking a picture of the whole collection. I have been dragging my feet because it takes so long to get everything out of the storage bags and onto torsos...

-martin

One other thing I wanted to add was a picture of a German wearing a Zvonimir Cross. Interesting that he put it in the position of the German Cross!

Sorry for the arrows! I saved it off of Ebay and the price went higher than I was willing to pay.

-Martin
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Gendarmerie Items at Show of Shows 2011