Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Gendarmerie Parade Dress

Article about: Hello, This is my first post here so let me introduce myself, although I do recognize some names from the other forums I'm sure many have no idea who I am. I am a retired cop from Los Angele

W.Unland
    ?

Default Re: Gendarmerie Parade Dress

A close up of the officer's grade leather cartidge box. These never really held anything, they were a hold over from the Imperial period and were purely decorative, and used for parades only.

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Backbox.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	72.3 KB 
ID:	11419  

2. # ADS

W.Unland
    ?

Default Re: Gendarmerie Parade Dress

Here is the tunic a bit more tricked out with a larger medal bar and SS membership runes (pinned on for display only). Interestingly the cartridge belt has a natural curve and scuff markes exactly matching this medal bar so apparently the original owner wore a large bar with it. I have seen photos of the belt wore over the medal bar obscuring it, and with it tucked under as shown here. I am not certain if any regulations specified how it was to be worn.

Regards,
    William Unland
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	front2.jpg 
Views:	226 
Size:	54.4 KB 
ID:	11420  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12