Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Gendarmerie Parade Dress

Article about: Hello, This is my first post here so let me introduce myself, although I do recognize some names from the other forums I'm sure many have no idea who I am. I am a retired cop from Los Angele

W.Unland
    ?

Default Gendarmerie Parade Dress

Hello,

This is my first post here so let me introduce myself, although I do recognize some names from the other forums I'm sure many have no idea who I am. I am a retired cop from Los Angeles California and now live in Japan. I am a police collector, both German and Japanese. What expertise I do have is in the area of enlisted grade police sleeve eagles which forms the basis of my collection.

Presented here is the parade dress uniform of a brevet first Lieutenant of the civil Gendarmerie, or rural police. Here is an overview:

The uniform consists of the piped service tunic with brown collar and cuffs, the tschako with officer's parade "bush", the parade shoulder cords, a second SS pattern brocade belt, brocade dress cartridge box belt, and piped service trousers.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Gendarmerie Parade Dress  
    Last edited by W.Unland; 08-01-2008 at 04:26 AM.

2. # ADS

W.Unland
    ?

Default Re: Gendarmerie Parade Dress

Here is a closer view of the officer's grade parade tschako with white buffalo hair "bush". Gendarmerie tschakos were fitted with brown leather trim.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Gendarmerie Parade Dress  

W.Unland
    ?

A closer view of the officer's hand embroidered bullion sleeve eagle.

W.Unland
    ?

A closer view of the rather hard to find 2nd pattern brocade belt. Unfortunately most of these police belts have been converted to SS as they can be sold for more money that way. Luckily this one survived dealer "modification". The brocade itself is the same pattern as SS, and is the ONLY police item to carry an RZM tag other than SS membership runes.

W.Unland
    ?

A better view of the officer's parade shoulder cords. These are identical to those used by a Luftwaffe officer. The brocade cartridge box belt can also be clearly seen. The brown underlay on the shoulderboards denote a "war-time" officer, much like a "brevet" rank. The wearer was to revert to his permanent rank at the end of the war, in this case probably a Meister or senior NCO/Warrent Officer.

W.Unland
    ?

Lastly, a side view of the ensemble showing the officer's grade insignia and the attachment of the tschako parade "bush" to the side post via an integral elastic band.

Thanks for looking.

Regards,
    William Unland

Hi William, great to see you here!

What a most impressive display.

Cheers, Ade.

Bill, I never get tired of seeing items from your fabulous collection--one of my favorite sets!

W.Unland
    ?

Thank you both for the welcome and compliment. I hate to post the same things, but perhaps this forum has some different members who might have some interest in seeing some police items.

Bill U

W.Unland
    ?

A couple of extra photos, first the back showing the proper wear of the cartridge belt, with the buckle and keeper in the rear.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast