Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Gilded Police eagle and wreath for peaked visor ....... original or fake ?

Article about: Hey everyone, here are a few pics of a gilded police eagle for a peaked visor cap that is offered to me. It looks good to me, but second opinions are always good in this hobby !!!! Thanks !!

?

Default Gilded Police eagle and wreath for peaked visor ....... original or fake ?

Hey everyone, here are a few pics of a gilded police eagle for a peaked visor cap that is offered to me. It looks good to me, but second opinions are always good in this hobby !!!! Thanks !!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Gilded Police eagle and wreath for peaked visor ....... original or fake ?   Gilded Police eagle and wreath for peaked visor ....... original or fake ?  

Gilded Police eagle and wreath for peaked visor ....... original or fake ?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Gilded Police eagle and wreath for peaked visor ....... original or fake ?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Gilded Police eagle and wreath for peaked visor ....... original or fake ?

You have to excuse the pics, the gentlemen offering the eagle is 69 and only has a scanner . He claims it is Asman maker marked. he has been collecting since he was a child.

ww2fotos
    ?

Default Re: Gilded Police eagle and wreath for peaked visor ....... original or fake ?

I scan EVERYTHING I put on this forum, and I have yet to make a scan as crappy as the rear of your badge. He must have moved it while scanning it. The badge looks fine, from what I can see of it (not counting the back)

I would pass on this.

My concerns are the finish which extends over the whole badges, inc the pins and the rough edges to the back of the badge, which to me indicates a casting.

Cheers, Ade.

I am going to put EVERYONE at ease. Walter Dudgeon came into about 100 of these in a police horde. He is a good friend of mine and sold me a few at $50 a piece. I can give you links to a whole host of dealer websites where these are listed. They are of course asking $100-$150. Here is an example:

Water Protection, Harbor and Traffic Control Police Cap Insignia by Aurich

They are all original and in unbelievable FANTASTIC condition. Dealers were buying them like mad at the MAX show this year. I was there and watched it happen. Walter also came into a few items people didn't know existed. One example was summer weight Water Police eagles. He got three of them in this horde of police items.

So bottom line is, real, but remember that they were selling for $50.

Spencer Victory (Victory Militaria) recently had 4 of these for sale at $100.00 each...He's down to his last one now, in case anyone out there is on the prowl for one.

Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    Spencer Victory (Victory Militaria) recently had 4 of these for sale at $100.00 each...He's down to his last one now, in case anyone out there is on the prowl for one.
    Walter still has many from the original stash. If you want them he will be at my show on January 29th (linked in my signature). Or contact him directly.

-Martin