MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Guilded Police eagle for peaked visor

Article about: I have had several opinions on this badge/pin. Going to post here again(i posted when i first joined the forum). Having another go at it for opinions. My Father-in-law, a collector of 42 yrs

?

Default Guilded Police eagle for peaked visor

I have had several opinions on this badge/pin. Going to post here again(i posted when i first joined the forum). Having another go at it for opinions. My Father-in-law, a collector of 42 yrs, says it is good......... it is maker marked Assman. I thought the guilding looked odd, but others say it is just what ya wanna see.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Guilded Police eagle for peaked visor   Guilded Police eagle for peaked visor  

Guilded Police eagle for peaked visor   Guilded Police eagle for peaked visor  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Guilded Police eagle for peaked visor
    P
    Many

Default Re: Guilded Police eagle for peaked visor

Sorry, I don't like it at all. These should be die struck. This is a casting and has no sheer marks and has a lot of "flash" and casting marks around the edges.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

I thought the same thing about the flashing and how it looked cast. I was told that the guilding was poorly applied, possibly late war..... i was also told that the top of the badge being angled out( to fit the visor)is a good sign and that repros do not have that ??????? ,at the very least, it makes good filler.

It will be a casting taken from an original cap badge.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!