Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Identifying this Dutch Landwacht armband

Article about: Dear forum experts! I recently aquired this Dutch Landwacht armband. The landwacht was the fighting force of the Dutch NSB. I am farily certain about this piece but still I REALLY value your

Default Identifying this Dutch Landwacht armband

Dear forum experts!

I recently acquired this German Landwacht armband. I am fairly certain about this piece but still I REALLY value your expert opinions..

What do you think?

Sincerely,

Frank

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Identifying this Dutch Landwacht armband
    P
    Many

I will leave others to comment on authenticity, but allow me to remark it its not for the Dutch Landwacht, but for the eponymous Landwacht within the Reich, a rural auxiliary police force raised in 1942. (Note that the seal stamp is for the Regierungspräsident in Regensburg. That's in the Upper Palatinate.)

Thank you HPL2008! My bad of course it is the German Landwacht... my bad! Totally new at this! :-(

Much appreciated!

I am not a fan of the printing quality: I may be wrong, but the jagged edge of the fonts reminds me of ink-jet printing. Weird stitches running over the second <a > of Landwacht.

Hi Marco,

Thank you for your thoughts! I am trying to find other similar bands. It passed the UV test anyway. :-) so thank you for your views! Appreciate it!

Frank

Quote by MarcoPennisi View Post
    I am not a fan of the printing quality: I may be wrong, but the jagged edge of the fonts reminds me of ink-jet printing. Weird stitches running over the second <a > of Landwacht.

And for anyone drawn to this thread expecting to see a Dutch Landwacht armband ( like me ) ;
    here's what one looks like ..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Identifying this Dutch Landwacht armband  

Hi Winkelman,

Thank you so much for your reply! Much appreciated!

Regards,
    Frank

Quote by Winkelman View Post
    And for anyone drawn to this thread expecting to see a Dutch Landwacht armband ( like me ) ;
    here's what one looks like ..

When issued , these were stamped by the local police authorities , in this case " Gewestelijk Politiecommandant Amsterdam " .
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Identifying this Dutch Landwacht armband