Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Interesting Nazi Patch

Article about: Is anyone familiar with this patch? I cannot find one similar. I've tried searching for the writing and using internet translators and I think it may be a proper noun. Thanks, Phil

Default Interesting Nazi Patch

Is anyone familiar with this patch? I cannot find one similar. I've tried searching for the writing and using internet translators and I think it may be a proper noun.

Thanks,
    Phil

Interesting Nazi PatchInteresting Nazi Patch

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Interesting Nazi Patch
    P
    Many

Default Re: Interesting Nazi Patch

Hello Phil, Repelen and Baerl are 2 locations nearby each other in Germany-in the Northern Rhein Westphalia area near Dusseldorf. The patch is, I believe, a Police patch/
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Fire Polizei sleeve insignia for the above mentioned locations.

All the best
    Dave

I'd go with the fire police theory too.

Thanks guys!

fire/police.

I know I am an old nit-picker, but just for the sake of accuracy, we should refer to it as a Fire Brigade/Feuerwehr, not Fire Police, patch:

The Feuerwehren [fire brigades] were under police control and - like the TN and the LSPol - had the status of a technische Hilfspolizei [technical auxiliary police]; this is why they wore these police-style sleeve eagles. The Feuerwehren retained the traditional dark blue uniforms.

Separate from them, the Feuerschutzpolizei [fire protection police] or FSP was an actual branch of the police itself, formed from the former Berufsfeuerwehren [the full-time professional firefighting services of major cities] in 1939. As regular police personnel, the FSP members wore uniforms in standard police green.

(Used from 1936 to 1938, the short-lived term Feuerlöschpolizei [firefighting police] was a collective designation for the full-time and volunteer firefighting services used prior to the establishment of the FSP.)

As for the location Repelen-Baerl: The formerly independent communities of Repelen and Baerl merged into Repelen-Baerl in 1910. In 1950, Repelen-Baerl was re-named Rheinkamp. After further structural reforms, Rheinkamp - with its component Repelen - is now a part of the city of Moers, while Baerl became a part of the city of Duisburg.